This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
As soon as possibleSalary: $23.27 - $25.45 per hourHours:
0700-1100 & 1700-2000 (split shift)
Days off: Friday and SaturdayReference#: 146711-pni
Come work as a Community Health Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Community Health Worker to join the North Shore Home Support team in North Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team! Community Health Workers are a core part of our communities as caregivers and make a significant impact on the quality of life of their clients and patients. We reimburse mileage between client visits, ferry travel cost (if applicable) and difference between “To and From work” and “Business” class insurance coverage.
As a Community Health Worker II at Vancouver Coastal Health you will make your impact by:
- Providing home support services to clients while working under the direction of the Supervisor/Coordinator/Manager or delegate.
- Assisting clients with the activities of daily living within varied settings to promote maximum independence.
- Observing and documenting on your clients’ health conditions and environment, reporting significant and unsafe observations and providing support and guidance.
- Providing input and feedback in the care planning process.
- Assisting in meeting the nutritional and elimination needs of clients.
- Performing additional delegated tasks under the Transfer of Function guidelines for clients in specific situations for which training has been provided.
New grads of the Health Care Assistant program are welcome to apply!
Community Health Workers at Vancouver Coastal Health operate within the context of a client and family centred care model and in accordance with established vision and values of the organization.
Education & Experience
- Grade 10
- Graduation from a recognized Home Support/Resident Care Aide program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current/Active Registration with BC Community Health Worker and Care Aide Registry.
- Valid BC Drivers License. Local travel requires the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Home management skills.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally in writing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Vancouver Coastal Health's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) - Opportunities across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Biomedical Engineering - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Health Emergency Management - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC