This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Title: Clinical Reviewer, Quality and Patient Safety (RN)Work Site: National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (NSQIP), Vancouver General HospitalStatus: Regular Full TimeStart Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $42.25 - $51.78 per hourHours:
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidaysReference#: 134504-cye
Come work as a Clinical Reviewer with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Clinical Reviewer to join the National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (NSQIP). Apply today to join our team!
As a Clinical Reviewer with VCH you will:
- Explore and analyze clinical data with the goal of providing valid, reliable information for measuring and evaluating care that is provided within Vancouver Coastal Health.
- Support the QPS department as well as clinical operations and physician leadership in the monitoring and review of clinical effectiveness and outcomes.
- Provide high quality, in-depth analysis of clinical data to be reported out to physicians, teams/programs, committees and leadership.
- Provide expertise to guide teams related to data interpretation, and provide feedback to teams on the best practice guidelines/evidence available through a systems lens.
WHO WE ARE:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, Bella Bella, Bella Coola, and the Central Coast. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- At least three (3) years’ experience in an acute care environment in nursing (preferably surgical), supplemented with additional training/education in chart reviews, data analysis, quality improvement methodologies and patient safety, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of clinical processes and patient outcomes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data collection processes, data interpretation and statistical analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement methodologies and tools (e.g. LEAN, PDSA cycles, process mapping, system monitoring and evaluation, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of complex hospital systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency with chart review and data abstraction.
- Demonstrated computer and internet skills, including advanced knowledge of MS Office products.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and statistical skills.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills required to question and interpret clinical competencies.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize system thinking in data review and analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain information within a complex hospital environment.
- Demonstrated ability to foster effective working relationships that promote cooperative goal achievement and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an inter/multi-disciplinary team.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Vancouver Coastal Health's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) - Opportunities across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Biomedical Engineering - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Health Emergency Management - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC