This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Title: Clinical Research Nurse - Integrated Spine ClinicWork Site: Vancouver General Hospital Status: Regular Part Time (0.5 FTE)Start Date: As soon as possible Salary: $35.53 - $46.65 per hourHours: 0800-1600; rotating call - 13/30 on call a monthReference#: 113226-sle
In accordance with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) standards for practice, code of ethics and patient care guidelines and the established vision and values of the organization, assesses patients in the clinic(s), acute care wards, intensive care units, operating rooms and the emergency room for entry into clinical research studies, participates in clinical research trials in accordance with approved research protocols and ethics guidelines, and acts as a member of an interdisciplinary team conducting research and providing quality patient care. Liaises with internal and external sources to obtain required research approvals, reports side effects of research treatment and provides documentation to patients and other health care professionals about the research protocol. Duties also include preparation of study documents including informed consent documents, ethics submissions, patient screening, collection of study data and specimens, completion of all case report forms and administration of study treatment. Participates in investigator and study coordinator meetings and training sessions. Completes all work according to FDA/BPB standards and Good Clinical Practice Guidelines.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- One year’s recent, related nursing experience including previous experience as a research/study coordinator with industry sponsored clinical trials and high acuity or critical care nursing experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client/family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNM's standards for nurse researchers.
- Broad knowledge of research methodology and ethics.
- Demonstrated self-direction and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with others in a consultative/collaborative method.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, and deal effectively with clients and their families, co-workers, physicians, other health care staff and staff of outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and teach clients and their families.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of medical equipment and supplies appropriate to the area.
- Demonstrated word processing, spreadsheet and database skills.
- Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Vancouver Coastal Health's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) - Opportunities across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Biomedical Engineering - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Health Emergency Management - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC