This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Title: Care AideWork Site: Chronic-Complex Care Unit, Willingdon Creek Village - Powell River, BCStatus: Temporary Part Time (0.39 FTE)Start Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $25.33 per hourHours:
1630-2030, 4 on, 4 off
Days off: RotatingReference#: 135382-smu
Come work as a Care Aide with Vancouver Coastal Health in Powell River, BC!
Are you strong team-player and have a desire to help others? Apply to work as a Care Aide today!
As a Care Aide at Vancouver Coastal Health you will make your impact by:
- Assisting in the delivery of client care. You will do this while working under the functional direction of a Registered Nurse or other designate and in cooperation with interdisciplinary team members.
- Providing personal care to patients while following established care plans. This may include bathing, grooming, dressing, assisting with meals and oral hygiene and performing nursing care duties as applicable.
- Responding to call bells/alarms.
- Observing and monitoring clients’ progress, symptoms and behavioural changes and reporting/recording significant observations.
- Utilizing mechanical aides such as specialty beds, wheelchairs and stretchers to transport clients and provide assistance with lifting and/or transferring of clients following established lifting/safety techniques.
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment for clients and staff.
ABOUT POWELL RIVER, BC:
On the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia, where endless green mountains meet sheltered Pacific Ocean waters, Powell River provides a stimulating blend of outdoor adventure and cultural amenities. Originally founded as a resource extraction centre - once home to the world's largest pulp and paper mill - Powell River now offers adventurers countless opportunities for kayaking, canoeing, rock climbing, golfing, boating, hiking, biking, fishing, and scuba diving. This area is host to world-class art galleries, tremendous dining opportunities, and memorable events and festivals.
On the doorstep of both Vancouver and Vancouver Island, the Powell River region offers an array of experiences for travelers of all kinds, no matter the season. Experience the legendary Sunshine Coast Trail and Powell Forest Canoe Route, rock-climb the Eldred Valley, snowshoe in the Knuckleheads; this is the adventure destination you've long been waiting for.
Education & Experience
- Grade 10 (including English 10).
- Successful graduation from a recognized Health Care Assistant Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Eligible for registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker Registry.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and proficiently both verbally and in writing
- Ability to deal with others effectively and respectfully.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment (such as Patient Care Information Systems)
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Vancouver Coastal Health's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) - Opportunities across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Biomedical Engineering - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Health Emergency Management - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC