This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Title: Booking ClerkWork Site: Medical Imaging, Chilliwack General Hospital - Chilliwack, BCStatus: CasualStart Date:
As soon as possibleSalary: $22.94 per hourHours: VariousReference#: 140823-jim
Come work as a Booking Clerk with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Booking Clerk to join the Medical Imaging team at Chilliwack General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Booking Clerk working with a Medical Imaging department you will:
- Perform scheduling and booking functions for a variety of patient appointments for designated areas within Radiology.
- Support the Medical Imaging team by performing duties such as:
- arranging times with patients, doctor's offices, nursing units, physicians, technical staff and surgical/medical daycare
- making follow up appointments
- locating applicable images/films prior to appointments
- rearranging schedules to meet changing demands/requests
- preparing and confirming patient information
- entering booking, patient and image/film information into radiology and hospital computerized and/or manual booking and patient information systems
- filing requisitions for all bookings
- acting as receptionist to support the delivery of patient care
- ensure client/family needs are met above all other concerns
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12, two years' recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to keyboard at 40 wpm.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Vancouver Coastal Health's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) - Opportunities across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Biomedical Engineering - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Health Emergency Management - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC