This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Title: Admitting/Switchboard ClerkWork Site: Admitting, Whistler Health Centre - Whistler, BCStatus: CasualStart Date:
As soon as possibleSalary: $23.34 per hourHours: VariousReference#: 137062-rro
Come work as an Admitting/Switchboard Clerk with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for an Admitting/Switchboard Clerk to join the team at the Whistler Health Centre. Apply today to join our team!
As an Admitting/Switchboard Clerk with VCH you will:
- Perform clerical work related to patient admissions and switchboard operation.
- Perform duties such as:
- receiving and interviewing patients,
- referring patients to Emergency nurse for immediate assessment based on established guidelines,
- completing and processing admitting records,
- contacting personnel for relevant information,
- and entering data into a computerized system.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12 and one years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out duties of the position.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to organize work.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Vancouver Coastal Health's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) - Opportunities across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Biomedical Engineering - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC
- Job posting | Health Emergency Management - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland | Vancouver,BC