This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
At UPS, we also discover how we combine endless opportunities, innovation and rewards to create a truly unique career experience. With our unique promote-from-within culture, you'll always find exciting new opportunities at every level of the organization. From training and education to growth and empowerment, you have the freedom to forge a career path that can take you anywhere you want to go.
This position is based out of our Vancouver Hub Facility on: 5960 Ferguson Road, Richmond BC
The Security Specialistis a full time and permanent position that requires travelling to our operating facilities in BC on a regular basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate is expected to possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, problem solving skills, and good organizational skills. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop key employee contacts in designated work areas. This effective development of mutual trust with employee will encourage employee to offer information as necessary
- Analyze and evaluate trends of all claim categories
- Prepare incident and investigative reports
- Develop cases with evidence sufficient to support discharges and/or prosecutions for dishonest acts
- Conduct one-to-one fact finding investigative interviews
- Install and operate surveillance equipment. Document and analyze all investigative information
- Evaluate and assist in compliance of all entrance and exit procedures
- Ability to travel on short notice and have access to reliable transportation
- Provide training to senior employees
- Speak with Operations Management with regards to claims reduction activities
- Perform customer visits
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A loss prevention, criminal justice, or law enforcement background is preferred
- Investigative skills
- Present information in a concise and effective manner
- Build effective relationships
- Criminal or law enforcement degree (preferred)
UPS is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 061646
Other UPS inc.'s offers that may interest you