This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Position Number: 851738
Position: Supervised Practice - Clinical Psychologist
Site: Ontario - All Sites
Department: Altum Health, University Health Network
Reports to: Site Manager
Status: Permanent Full-time
Healing. It’s why we do what we do. Body and mind. Emotional, mental and physical. The Altum psychologist’s role is to provide effective diagnosis and treatment, guide clients through the steps towards a full recovery and help them retrace those steps when there are setbacks.
Altum Health is growing and we are offering Supervised Practice - Clinical Psychologist positions at our sites across Ontario. We offer supervised practice arrangements and relocation assistance (within Ontario, Canada and North America) for qualified candidates across our regional network of sites.
Here is your role at Altum:
• Obtain clinical training within the domain of clinical psychology, specifically with adults who have work/occupational and auto accident related injuries and conditions.
• Engage in diagnostic interviewing and consultation across a range of complex mental health disorders and their comorbidities as part of clinical training.
• Work in a multi-disciplinary environment with a diverse range of training opportunities. Supervision will be provided by an experienced Clinical Psychologists at Altum Health.
Here is what you bring as our ideal candidate:
• APA/CPA accredited doctoral program in clinical psychology
• Completed internship level training in clinical psychology and/or health psychology
• All degree requirements completed before your start date.
• Ability to meet the requirements for issuance of a Certificate for Supervised Practice and pursue registration with the College of Psychologists of Ontario.
• Commitment to contribute a minimum of 3 years of service (including supervised practice period) to Altum
• Dedication to and excitement for a collaborative interdisciplinary approach, commitment to the challenge of working with clients with from acute and chronic injuries and eagerness to be part of an interdisciplinary team
• High commitment to uphold regulatory, ethical and professional standards including mandatory reporting
• Interest in working in the third party insurance setting involving collaboration and communication with multiple stakeholders
• Strong communication skills, both within and outside of treatment sessions and as part of an interdisciplinary team, with a respect for confidentiality requirements
• Desire for continuous growth and learning, committed to a high quality of evidence- based practice and ongoing professional development
• Innate ability to demonstrate initiative, with excellent judgement and prioritizing skills
The difference you will make:
Psychological staff at Altum Health work with a full range of clients who have a variety of mental health and/or substance issues. You put together broad-spectrum treatment plans and have the opportunity to work side-by-side with a team of behavioral therapists, psychiatrists, pharmacists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, kinesiologists, physicians and surgeons.
Working at Altum is part of a long-term career plan. Psychologists early in their career have the opportunity to receive dedicated supervised practice arrangements, and as you develop in your practice, you provide the same developmental opportunities for growth to in-coming staff.
There are difficult cases that challenge you and there are sensitive cases that require a delicate touch. Every day there are clinical learning opportunities and teaching moments. With the Circle of Care mindset as a guiding principle, you eagerly participate in quality improvement activities and perform cross-functional and cross-site duties as required. You believe in the work we do together.
At Altum Health we are experts in full-scope healthcare services including rehabilitation. We started off with very humble beginnings as a one-room assessment centre, partnered with WSIB. We have since grown into a 300+ person organization with a broad demographic of patients and a diverse client base. We are a private-for-public department of UHN; every dollar we make goes back to fund public healthcare initiatives. Our ongoing focus is to maintain a high degree of credibility in our field, to be leaders in healthcare and to change the rehabilitation model of care through the discovery of new approaches. With patient safety and quality care at the top of our priority list, we continue to build upon a culture of discovery and adventure.
We offer a total compensation package, recognizing the value of extended health and wellness benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries and access to one of Canada’s top pension plans.
Our ultimate dream would be to create a model of care that changes the face of healthcare in Ontario and Canada. Altum Health wants to invite you to join us on our ongoing journey of firsts as we pioneer change and raise the bar in healthcare.
If you share our beliefs, are invested in bettering the lives of patients on a daily and long-term basis and you want to be a pioneer in rehabilitative care, join Altum Health as we continue to break new ground, build relationships and give back to our communities. Be the face of change and the hands that heal.
POSTED DATE: November 11, 2019 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
JOIN OUR TEAM
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other University Health Network's offers that may interest you