This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
JOB POSTING #864927
Position: Service Coordinator
Site: Hillcrest Reactivation Centre, Toronto Rehab
Department: Hillcrest & St Hilda’s Transitional Care Programs
Reports to: Senior Manager, Hillcrest Reactivation Centre
Salary: $38.81 - $48.51 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Status: Temporary full-time approx. 12 months
At University Health Network, which consists of Toronto General, Toronto Western, Princess Margaret and Toronto Rehab hospitals, nothing is more important to us than our team of dedicated employees. UHN focuses on creating and maintaining a workplace of choice, where our people are recognized and valued. We focus on creating a workplace where people enjoy the challenge of their career, create and engage in best practices and are treated with respect.
Hillcrest Reactivation Centre is a 75 bed community based reactivation center, part of the short term transitional care sites within the TCLHIN. Operating under the Home and Community Care Act Hillcrest offers a short period of reactivation to patients who are ALC or at risk of ALC, supporting their return home. As the lead agency at Hillcrest (UHN) identifies and draws appropriate clients out of the 16 TCLHIN acute /rehabilitation hospitals and completes the central intake process. Client care is provided by a community provider who reactivate and transition clients within the target LOS.
The Hillcrest Service Coordinators work closely with external customers and stakeholders, as well as the central referral management office including attendance at GIM /ALC rounds at acute care sites either in person or virtually. Internally the service coordinator provides operational support for both Hillcrest and St Hilda’s RIU beds including the coordination of client flow; screen and coordinate admission of clients; facilitates excellent communication amongst team members, and internal / external partners; maintains the RIU registries, generates reports on select performance indicators; a daily site census and a daily bed reports for UHN’s RIU’s. Collaborates to develop educational and marketing initiatives including presentations to referral partners; demonstrates flexibility in dealing with competing priorities and deadlines on a daily basis; demonstrates understanding of, compliance with, and commitment to, client safety responsibilities and corresponding plans, policies and procedures in order to ensure a safe environment for clients.
- Clinical intake and coordination of admissions for Hillcrest Reactivation Center (75 beds) and St Hilda’s ( 9 beds)
- Communicate effectively with referral sources including Central Referral Management office, 16 TCLHIN hospitals ensuring excellent customer service including educational sessions for referrers as needed
- Manage waiting lists and communicate with referral sources, clients /families as needed
- Demonstrates flexibility in dealing with competing priorities on a daily basis
- Maintains up-to-date registry, generating daily site census, leads internal monthly data validation processes with Hillcrest Care Provider, LHIN and UHN decision support
- Maintain a customer focused environment including daily communication with service provider at unit flow huddles, admission rounds
- Coordinate quality improvement activities, data collection, report generation and evaluations as needed
- Acts as UHN site initial point of contact for Hillcrest facilities (Black& McDonald) in absence of Senior Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in a health disciplines field required
- Member in good standing with the respective regulatory college
- Knowledge of standards of practice and applicable health care legislation required
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an inpatient environment required, with additional experience in a community setting preferred
- Excellent computer including advanced Excel skills required
- 3-4 years’ experience as intake/flow coordinator preferred
- Demonstrated ability to network and nurture relationships within the healthcare industry
- Proven abilities in project planning, implementation and evaluation required
- Knowledge of quality/performance improvement theory and practice required
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and excellent interpersonal skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills working with 16 LHIN acute /rehab hospitals
- Detail oriented, excellent time management skills, self directed individual with the ability to work both independently and in a group setting
POSTED: October 8, 2020 CLOSING DATE: until filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other University Health Network's offers that may interest you