This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
ONA JOB POSTING #864553
Position: Registered Nurse
Site: University Centre, Toronto Rehab
Department: Stroke Rehab Services, 9 South
Reports to: Manager, Program Services
Salary Range: $33.56 - $48.05 per hour (Start rate: determined in accordance with collective agreement requirements)
Hours: 0.3 FTE position Shifts: Days/Evenings/Weekends
Status: Permanent Part Time
''Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning''
At University Health Network, which consists of Toronto General, Toronto Western, Princess Margaret and Toronto Rehab hospitals, nothing is more important to us than our team of dedicated employees. UHN focuses on creating and maintaining a workplace of choice, where our people are recognized and valued. We focus on creating a workplace where people enjoy the challenge of their career, create and engage in best practices and are treated with respect.
Our dynamic, multidisciplinary team consists of, but not limited to physicians, nursing, respiratory therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, nutritional support, social work, pharmacy, and pastoral care. The focus for the health care team is quality patient outcomes and high levels of patient satisfaction.
Since its inception in 2010, the Toronto Rehab Stroke Program continues to achieve the award of Stroke Distinction Accreditation - awarded to health care facilities for outstanding achievement in stroke-specific care. We offer 23 beds to stroke patients requiring intensive rehabilitation up to 6 days per week. Six beds are designated as high-tolerance, long duration rehab beds for patients with more significant effects from their stroke. Our primary focus is to provide comprehensive, interprofessional, therapeutic programming to patients and caregivers affected by stroke.
- Plan, manage, evaluate and coordinate comprehensive professional nursing care for patients and families within the context of an interdisciplinary practice.
- Use theoretical and empirical knowledge and the input of team members to plan and implement care for patients and families
- Educate patients, family, referring facilities and other community providers regarding Stroke Neuro Rehabilitation care
- Participate in inter-professional team care planning forums, inter-professional rounds and family conferences
- Provide leadership, supervision and mentorship to students and new staff on the units related to rehabilitation
- Participate in professional, program and hospital-wide initiatives, including professional development of self
- Compliance with and commitment to patient safety responsibilities and corresponding hospital plans, policies and procedures in order to ensure a safe environment for patients
- Member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing strongly preferred
- Experience in Neuro Rehabilitation (Stroke) preferred, with applicable certification
- Completion of a health assessment/physical assessment course from an accredited college or university in the past 2 to 3 years (or equivalent) required; qualified internal applicants, if currently enrolled in a health assessment/physical assessment course, the course must be successfully completed before January 1, 2021
- Recent health assessment course required
- Successful completion of Basic Cardiac Life Support (C level) Heart Saver Plus (Canada)
- Member, Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO), OARN (SIG) preferred
- Excellent conceptual and theoretical understanding of nursing concepts and ability to articulate the concepts as they relate to rehabilitation
- Superior clinical decision-making skills that reflect patient centeredness, problem solving and critical thinking
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to use theoretical concepts and research findings in practice
- Demonstrated ability to teach students within the context of a teaching hospital
- Proven ability to work independently, and as part of an inter-professional team
- Excellent knowledge of standards of rehabilitation nursing practice and applicable health care legislation
- Demonstrated ability to identify and meet own learning needs for pursue ongoing professional development
- Ability to provide substantiated rationale for clinical management of patient care
- Computer proficiency or willing to pursue appropriate training in computer software
POSTED DATE: Oct. 8, 2020 CLOSING DATE: until filled
If you are interested in this position, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other University Health Network's offers that may interest you