This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Posting #864597
Position: Project Manager, IT Projects
Department: Joint Department of Medical Imaging (JDMI)
Reports to: Director, Diagnostic Performance
Hours: 37.5 hours
Salary: $74,989 to $93,737 per annum
Status: Permanent Full Time
UHN's Joint Department of Medical Imaging (JDMI) supports and promotes excellence and innovation in diagnostic patient care, research, and education. The Joint Department of Medical Imaging (JDMI) consists of the medical imaging teams at UHN, Sinai Health Systems and Women’s College Hospital.
The Office of Strategy Management (OSM) provides analytical and project management support for a variety of imaging projects within JDMI and around Ontario. OSM employs process and quality improvement methodologies to create solutions that: 1) improve imaging efficiency and quality in hospitals throughout Ontario; 2) maintain or improve patient and staff satisfaction; and 3) create commitment to continuous improvement. If you are excited about working as part of a dynamic team in an energetic fast-paced environment we want to hear from you!
As Project Manager you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of projects from concept to implementation. The Project Manager will work closely and effectively with project team members, IT, clinical managers and external parties as required to ensure that projects are correctly chartered, planned, and executed within scope, on time, and in budget.
JDMI IT is responsible for managing, implementing, and supporting all Radiology IT systems used by staff within the Department, as well as Non-Radiology staff across 3 organizations - University Health Network, Sinai Health System, and Women’s College. The team is also responsible for designing and developing the primary systems used for the diagnosis and reporting of imaging procedures, and providing the ongoing technical support for the RIS//PACS solution.
This project manager will support OSM’s suite of IT development and implementation projects.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Initiate and plan assigned strategic projects including the development of scope, goals and objectives
- Develop work plans, project schedules, cost estimates and budgets as required
- Engage key stakeholders to ensure project activities are executed based on plans and standards, within specific scope, budget and schedule
- Oversee day-to-day activities of project analysts providing direction, mentoring and support
- Execute, track and monitor progress to plan and distribute the appropriate project information to all relevant stakeholders
- Identify improvement opportunities and escalate key issues/risks; propose and execute solutions to address challenges or mitigate risks
- Problem-solve to result in innovative and creative solutions that achieve quality and work process improvements
- Complete project close out report/lessons learned
- Develop and present material for review and information using strong written, verbal, and graphical communications skills with the ability to express complex technical concepts effectively
- Perform data analysis and prepare detailed reports of findings; present findings to leadership teams
- At minimum, completion of a Bachelor’s degree program in Medical Science, Business or Health Administration, Health Informatics, Industrial Engineering, Business or related field. Masters degree an asset.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation preferred
- Project planning, management and implementation experience required
- Change management experience required
- Experience with IT project management preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of continuous quality improvement principles (e.g. LEAN methodology) as asset
- Quality (Lean/Six Sigma) certifications an asset
- Working knowledge of Windows, MSOffice required
- Experience in hospital data and reporting preferred
- 5 - 8 years practical and related experience required
- 5 - 8 years health care industry experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple demands and competing priorities on an on-going basis
- Ability to work as a team and independently
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance to UHN standards
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task
- A working knowledge of a Medical Imaging department preferred
- Compliance with confidentiality requirements
- Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciate that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: October 8, 2020 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other University Health Network's offers that may interest you