Job Posting #911547
Site: Toronto Western Hospital
Department: Allied Health, Physiotherapy (Float)
Reports to: Manager
Hours: 37.5 hours per week; Variable shifts (including weekdays/weekends/evenings)
Status: Temporary Full-Time (up to 12-months)
The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto General Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
The Physiotherapist (PT) is an integral member of the Physiotherapy service, Allied Health, clinical programs and will work occasional weekends. Through the provision of patient and non-patient care activities, the PT enhances the quality of life of patients by planning and implementing individually designed programs of physical treatment to maintain, improve, or restore physical functioning and cardio-respiratory health, alleviate pain and prevent physical dysfunction in patients. Principal responsibilities include: clinical care (consultation, assessment, treatment planning, implementing and evaluating client-specific treatment programs), education (clients, staff and continuing education); performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required. Weekend work is required.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Physiotherapy (BScPT), Masters preferred
- Minimum One (1) year related experience
- Experience in an acute care hospital environment essential eg. experience in the assessment and treatment of critical care, surgical and general medicine patients experience required
- Experience with neurosurgical and neuro-vascular population an asset
- Oxygen titration and suctioning experience and rostering of skills
- Registration with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Membership in the Canadian Physiotherapy Association preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Complies with the legislation outlined in the Regulated Health Professions Act, (1991)
- Complies with the Code of Ethics and Rules of Conduct of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- Must be able to perform the physical demands of the job
- Demonstrates competence with departmental and hospital safety, emergency and infection control procedures
- Recognizes and acts within the scope and limitations of the physiotherapist
- Ability to exercise sound clinical judgment and to function in an independent, self-directed manner
- Computer proficiency
- Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
Posted Date: December 15, 2022 Closing Date: Until Filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.