This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
JOB POSTING #866413
Position: Occupational Therapist
Site: University Centre, Toronto Rehab
Department: Musculoskeletal Rehab Program (MSK), 7 South
Reports to: Manager, Program Services
Salary: $36.01 - $45.02
Hours: 37.5 hours; Shifts: Saturday & Sunday every other weekend
Status: Permanent Full-time
The Occupational Therapist (OT) is an integral member of the Occupational Therapy service, Allied Health and clinical programs in which care is provided. Through assessment, treatment, evaluation and consultation, the OT prevents, alleviates or minimizes dysfunction, enabling clients to achieve their maximum level of functional independence and facilitating their integration into the home, community and workplace. As an crucial member of the MSK Program team, the OT provides comprehensive assessment, intervention, consultation and education services for patients with musculoskeletal conditions; makes appropriate referrals; develops and maintains community resource networks; performs department responsibilities to contribute to the efficient and effective provision of service; collaborates with inter-professional team in providing patient focused care; provides training and supervision of Occupational Therapy students; is involved in quality management and research initiatives; participates in professional, program and hospital development, as appropriate; performs other duties consistent with the job classification as required.
- Completion of Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Occupational Therapy
- Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario (COTO)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (B Level or C Level) Heart Saver Plus Canada
- Membership with Professional Association (e.g. CAOT, OSOT) is preferred
- Experience in musculoskeletal and orthopaedic conditions required
- ADP Authorizer preferred
- Demonstrated ability to use theoretical and evidence-based concepts, and research findings in practice
- Strong clinical skills related to patient goal setting and creative treatment interventions
- Demonstrated ability to identify and meet own learning needs in pursuit of ongoing professional development
- Demonstrated leadership in quality improvement initiatives to enhance patient care
- Demonstrated competence with departmental and hospital safety, emergency and infection control procedures
- Ability to exercise sound clinical judgment and to function in an independent, self-directed manner
- Excellent written, oral and nonverbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer proficiencey
POSTED DATE: November 5, 2020 CLOSING DATE: Until filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other University Health Network's offers that may interest you