This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
JOB POSTING #864957
Position: MEDICAL RADIATION TECHNOLOGIST- CT (Computed Tomography)
Site: Toronto Western Hospital
Department: MEDICAL IMAGING
Reports to: MANAGER
Hourly rate: $31.13 to $38.92 per hour
Hours: 37.5 Hours per Week; Shifts: Various
Status: Temporary Full-Time (approximately 22 months)
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Medical Radiation Technologist in our Medical Imaging Department.
The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
As a member of the Joint Department of Medical Imaging team you will perform various Imaging procedures at University Health Network with an opportunity to be trained in Level three CT and 3D rendering. The department features state-of-the-art digital technology and a team of innovative staff dedicated to patient care and superb image quality, backed by a commitment to continuing education and quality assurance program initiatives. The Technologist will report to the CT/Gen Rad Supervisor, and adhere to respective institutional policies and procedures.
Performs CT procedures using CT equipment, digital quality assurance, communicates with team members and management personnel, participates in professional development, teaching and educational activities, mentoring, and performing duties related to the job classification, as required.
- Registration with the CMRTO
- Ability to work variable shifts
- Completion of a BCLS program, Level II: Basic Rescuer certification
- Completion of CTIC Certification or commitment to attain certification
- Completion of Contrast Injection for Radiological Technologists
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity towards patients in a challenging situation
- Demonstrated strong technical skills and image quality
- Knowledge of basic anatomy and pathology
- Effective time management skills, ability to organize work, and set priorities
- Ability to work accurately under stressful conditions
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a supportive team environment
- Excellent problem solving and recognition skills
- Commitment to continuing education
- Excellent teaching skills
- Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance history
- Effective computer skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Membership with the CAMRT
- Previous CT experience
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other University Health Network's offers that may interest you