This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
JOB POSTING #864967
Position: GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II
Site: TORONTO WESTERN HOSPITAL
Department: ISAEC Operations
Reports to: ISAEC Operations Leadership Team
Hourly rate: $22.82 - $28.52 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Status: Temporary Full-time 6 months with possible extension
The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
In 2018, the provincial government launched the Low Back Rapid Access Clinics (LBRACs). This network includes 16 regional hospitals, >5,500 primary care providers (PCPs), >150 community based advanced practice providers (APPs), 17 regional Practice Leads (PLs), and > 60 spine surgeons with specialized low back pain management expertise. LBACs utilize a web-based case management system that enables the efficient delivery of connected back pain care across the province. The ISAEC Operations team provides digital support for the CMS platform as well as clinic, education and administrative leadership for this large provincial team.
The primary focus of this role will be to provide administrative support to the ISAEC Operations leadership team and digital support to clinical and non-clinical users of the CMS. This will involve working collaboratively with the team to support the delivery of patient care, the development and delivery of educational materials, webinars, online and onsite training, and be a primary point of contact for the provincial users of the CMS, regional hubs, and other key stakeholders.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support the delivery of patient care for LBRACs
- Provide user support for the digital platform for clinical and non-clinical users
- Support the development and delivery of education resources
- Support the development and delivery of provincial webinars
- Support current and future ISAEC Operations initiates that enhance the digital platform experience and improve clinical knowledge of the providers
- Work collaboratively and communicate regularly and effectively with all members of the ISAEC Operations team
Duties include but are not limited to the following
- Support new and existing user queries and customer support (>5000 PCPs,> 150 spine rehab providers and non-clinical support staff)
- Triage, manage, resolve and/or investigate emails that are delivered to the ISAEC inbox
- Address CMS customer access and performance issues
- Provide insight into user support requests and participate in weekly meetings with the vendor
- Register new users into CMS system in compliance with privacy and security standards
- Co-ordinate new user training sessions (group and/or individual)
- Provide one on one user support through video or phone conferencing
- Maintain updated user demographics in the CMS
- Manage FAQs and material for CMS daily operations
- Manage PCP inquires, online training, onboarding to CMS and referral privileges
- Co-ordinate provincial webinars with key stakeholders at both an administrative level (regional hub directors and managers) and a clinical level (APPs and PLs)
- Support the creation of resources and education material to support the delivery of clinical care for LBRACs - ie. videos for CMS, patient and provider videos for virtual care, virtual care toolkit, PL recorded clinical cases, PL and APP radiology course
- Manage shared drive with all relevant documentation for the ISAEC Operations Team
- Maintain updated contact lists for RH administrators, PLs, APPs and CIO users
- Manage all phone inquiries
- Co-ordinate either an onsite or virtual clinic day for both the APP and PL
- Facilitate referrals and bookings to specialists - including radiology, surgery, anesthesiology
- Collect wait-time data for specialist intervention (interventional anesthesiology, spine surgery)
- Run reports for quality management and quarterly reporting
- Co-ordinate calendar and scheduling of team meetings
- Manage invoices, VISA, and phones bills
- Participate collaboratively and regularly with the ISAEC Operations team
- Provide support to the LBRAC Clinical and Administrative Program Leads
- Duties as assigned by the members of the ISAEC Operations Leadership team
- Minimum one (1) year practical and related experience.
- Ability to effectively operate computer software and very comfortable with digital technology
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to systematically analyze situations/issues, identify options, draw logical conclusions and determine/recommend practical courses of action.
- Demonstrates ability to work with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with data management and supporting/utilizing data management systems.
- Be able to maintain attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Self-motivated and results driven team player who can work independently.
- Able to work with minimal supervision on simple and complex tasks.
- Able to work with multidisciplinary teams in a positive and productive manner.
- Able to effectively deal with high priority unscheduled tasks and problems.
- Demonstrates understanding of the healthcare environment and UHN
Posted Date: October 8, 2020 Closing Date: until filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other University Health Network's offers that may interest you