This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
CUPE JOB POSTING #837147 - ONGOING POSTING
Position: LAUNDRY PORTERS/SORTERS/WASHERS
Site: TORONTO GENERAL HOSPITAL/TORONTO WESTERN HOSPITAL/TORONTO REHAB INSTITUTE/PRINCESS MARGARET HOSPITAL
Reports To: SUPERVISOR
Hours: VARIOUS AS REQUIRED
Wage Schedule: $21.84-$22.49 per hour (Start rate: $21.84 per hour in accordance with collective agreement requirements).
As an integral member of the Laundry/Linen Department, the principle responsibilities of the Laundry Porter are as follows: performing receiving (loading & unloading) duties of linen and carts; delivering clean linen to floors/units, returning soiled linen; counting previous day’s unused linen; stocking any special linen requests, performing washing and folding duties; working in compliance of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations, reporting hazards, deficiencies and contraventions of the Act, in a timely manner; performing cross-functional duties as assigned and/or required; and performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned and/or required.
- At minimum completion of high school or recognized equivalent required.
- Tow motor license and experience operating a tow motor in a safe manner required.
- Less than 3 months practical and related experience and/or less than 1 month on the job training required
- Ability to be on feet (standing and walking) for long periods of time required
- Ability to push/pull carts weighing up to 23kgs required
- Simple mathematical calculations (adding & subtracting) skills required.
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance to UHN standards.
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task.
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable legislative, UHN and/or departmental policies.
- Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciate that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job: pushing, pulling & maneuver heavy (up to 23kgs) linen cart safely, driving a forklift, operating a lift for trucks (hydraulic).
- May be required to work at multiple areas as well as rotating shifts in emergency situations
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other University Health Network's offers that may interest you