This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
CUPE JOB POSTING #862819
Position: CLEANER, CART (MDRD)
Site: Toronto General Hospital
Department: Medical Device Reprocessing
Reports to: Supervisor
Wage: $23.17 to $23.85 (Start rate: $23.17 per hour in accordance with collective agreement requirements).
Shifts: Monday to Friday Afternoon Shift (15:00 - 23:00)
Status: Temporary Full Time (up to 12 months)
The CLEANER, CART (MDRD), performs specific duties as listed below in accordance with MDRD standards of practice, policies and procedures. The principal responsibilities include: Cleaning MDRD Carts: ensuring all items have been removed from case carts before washing them, applying detergent to case carts using pressure spray, washing case carts inside and out in the manual cart wash area using the dedicated hose, ensuring that carts are clean from any visible bioburden, drying case carts with air hose and wiping them down to remove excess water, once carts are completely dried transport them to the clean storage area, checking carts to ensure they are in good working condition (e.g. wheels run smooth, door hinges are working fine, no loose parts); Cleaning Containers: ensuring that containers are intact without any visible cracks, placing dirty containers on the wire cart, applying detergent to all containers on the wire cart, washing the containers in the manual cart wash area using the dedicated hose, drying containers with air hose and wiping them down with a clean cloth, transporting dry containers to appropriate storage areas. This job is temporary and is being created to fill an approximately ten (10) month to one (1) year gap during construction and installation of new automatic cart washers.
- At minimum completion of high school or recognized equivalent
- Less than 3 months; 3 months practical and related experience and/or less than 1 month on the job training required
- Ability to work in compliance of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations, reporting hazards, deficiencies and contravention’s of the Act, in a timely manner
- Performs cross-functional duties as assigned and/or required
- Performs other duties consistent with job classification, as assigned and/or required
- Knowledge of Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently to understand verbal work orders and/or instructions
- Ability to understand standard operating procedures
- Exercise initiative and good judgement with ability to multi-task
- Basic normal day to day interaction/communication with others in the department
- Must meet physical demands of the job: pushing/pulling carts, standing, bending, walking on uneven surfaces, lifting 0-10kg, gripping, reaching, and ability to operate a pressure washer
POSTED DATE: October 8, 2020 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other University Health Network's offers that may interest you