This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Manager, Family and Wellness
35 Hours per week
TNO - THE NEIGHBOURHOOD ORGANIZATION (TNO, formerly Thorncliffe Neighbourhood Office) is a community based multicultural, multi-service agency which offers a broad range of programs to serve Thorncliffe Park, Flemingdon and the surrounding communities through strengthening the quality of individual and community life.
TNO provides programs and services which include settlement and language classes for newcomers, employment services, child, youth and family support services that are offered in more than 20 languages. Over the last 30 years TNO has served thousands of individuals and families.
TNO programs and services are streamlined under two departments: Newcomer Support Services and Family & Wellness. The Newcomer Support Services consist of the Settlement, Employment and Language Programs. The Family & Wellness services consist of Housing, EarlyON, Violence Against Women, Seniors and Youth Programs.
The Family and Wellness department of TNO is hiring a manager to provide overall management and supervision of the day-to-day operations of TNO’s Violence Against Women, Youth and Seniors programs. The Manager is a member of the management team of TNO and reports to the Director of Family and Wellness Services. The Manager is responsible for monitoring of program budgets and funding outcomes. Besides ensuring that the agency’s policies and procedures are implemented in their programs, the Manager provides support and direction to respective teams and members as they conduct their duty. The Manager ensures that services are provided with care, compassion and professionalism and responsible for enabling adoption of best practices in service delivery and meeting TNO’s client bill of rights and anti-racism & anti-oppression framework. The Manager is responsible for developing strategic priorities, program brand and establishing TNO as a leader among the community services sector.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement program work plan, program evaluation criteria, and program impact framework.
- Manage the program funding on a day-to-day basis by overseeing financial transactions, budget reports, and preparing ad hoc reports requested by funders and the agency
- Manage/support the Family and Wellness programs; human resources including: hiring, orienting and training, coaching/mentoring, determining performance standards and conducting performance reviews. Managing a broad range of employee relations matters
- Manage and lead staff in the delivery of program activities by providing advice, assistance, and training/guidance.
- Schedule staff shifts and ensure appropriate coverage, address staff concerns and record as per TNO’s procedures.
- Promote a culture of meeting client & neighbourhood needs and teamwork by supporting staff in all aspects of their work
- Identify and evaluate risks to the program and work with Director to control problems or risks, as appropriate
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of strong collaborative working relationships with the community we serve and external partners and stakeholders. Develop networks to help advance TNO’s objectives.
- Undergraduate degree in social sciences, women’s studies, health administration, business administration, or a related field
- Master’s degree in social sciences, women’s studies, business administration, health administration or related field, or equivalent education and experience an asset
- Five plus years’ experience supervising staff in a client-oriented organization
- Two plus years’ experience working directly with Violence Against Women related services
- Two plus years of experience working with clients at various levels in the community social agency environment
- Understanding of the neighbourhoods and Clients TNO serves, especially newcomers to Canada
- Clinical supervision experience an asset
- Proficient at developing quality reports and deliverables using PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Excellent English communications skills
- Ability to speak/write other languages would be an asset
Hours of Work:
Successful candidates would be required to work regular hours for 35 hours per weeks, and flexible between 8.30 AM to 8:00 PM besides evening shifts and some weekends as decided by program requirements.
This position will be located within any of TNO’s service locations based on community and program requirements. The locations (multiple) for this position may be added or moved to new addresses in the future according to the community and program requirements.
“TNO - THE NEIGHBOURHOOD ORGANIZATION is committed to employment equity initiatives. We encourage residents of Thorncliffe Park, Flemingdon Park, and surrounding communities and members of ethno-racial, aboriginal, immigrant, francophone, refugee, LGBTQ+ and disabled community groups to apply and self-identify.”
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
En : Advanced
En : Advanced
Other TNO - The Neighbourhood Organization's offers that may interest you