This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Date Posted: October 10, 2019
Location: 333 Bay Street/2075 Kennedy Road, Toronto, OntarioSegment Manager Corporate & Tax Segments
Contribute to the ideation and execution of initiatives that ensure the voice of customer in this segment informs and drives the organization’s initiatives. Support the building of strong relationships with customers, and collaboration with other departments. Contribute to development of segment strategic direction and segment positioning to deliver sustainable, long-term segment growth. Research customer needs and monitor market and competitive trends and deliver insights to communicate to the organization on an ongoing basis. In collaboration with other internal teams, support research and validation to turn opportunities into business cases for new/enhanced products, tools and service offerings for this segment. Translate this segment’s customer needs and insights into value propositions across key bundles of Thomson Reuters solutions, and make recommendations for solutions to be offered to these customers. Contribute to the creation of successful commercial policies and integrated go-to-market initiatives to achieve financial and strategic objectives.
This position is responsible for:
- generating, gathering and capturing segment customer and competitive insight through research of sources you have identified and through customer, industry expert and other community member relationships;
- building customer and industry-member relationships and communities and documenting insights and recommending solutions to address key customer needs/opportunities in consultation with the Segment Director;
- working jointly with Sales and Marketing to plan and execute activities aligned to new sale and retention targets for the segment objectives and representing the segment on GTM planning and working teams;
- working with Product, Sales and Marketing teams, researching, sourcing and contributing to segment thought leadership materials and events/activities to reinforce our position in the segment and the communication and promotion of our solutions;
- in consultation with the Product and Content teams, and with input from Sales, Marketing and Service teams, recommending new product developments and enhancements and strategic relationships to drive this segment’s growth and deliver customer propositions;
- in collaboration with other teams, participate in business case development, commercial oversight (pricing, revenue, profitability) and status reviews for this segment;
- contributing to the development of the segment strategy including recommending product and commercial bundles and prioritizing segment go-to-market plans;
- contributing to development of customer value propositions in partnership with Product and Marketing colleagues; and
- preparing, organizing and delivering presentations, WebEx's and other communications on segment initiatives and updates.
You will be a strong team player and will possess:
- a University degree (an LLB, MBA or other professional designation strongly preferred);
- 3 - 5 years field sales experience;
- industry knowledge and contacts;
- strong communication, marketing and presentation skills;
- deep knowledge of segment customers, preferably having worked in the segment;
- in depth knowledge of Thomson Reuters products and customer segments with expertise in assigned business or function;
- strong verbal and written communication skills in order to provide thought leadership and influence others;
- strong organizational/project management skills working with multiple groups across geographies and cultures;
- demonstrated time and resource management skills and the ability to prioritize and accelerate initiatives;
- an understanding of the working application of technology, its potential, and its implications both internally and for our customers; and
- the ability to embrace and action change within an organization.
Thomson Reuters offers an environment that is both challenging and supportive, and we are proud to have been named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers from 2009 - 2019, a Best Workplace from 2006 - 2019, and a Great Place to Work for Women in 2015 and 2017. We consider work from home arrangements for people with a disability or specific accessibility needs. If requested, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Thomson Reuters's offers that may interest you