This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
This role requires flexibility to work in all the 3 shifts (Days, Afternoons & Nights) on a rotation.
How will you make an impact?
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivalled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
What will you do?
The Set-Up Operator function is to operate, set up and maintain packaging equipment while packaging semi-finished bulk into finished product form. This includes: documentation requirements, cleaning, training, mechanical support, leading projects, support department initiatives while supporting the needs of the Operations group in the area of material coordination, compliance, security and safety.
- Oversee all functions related to the Packaging Lines, including operating and training instructions to new and temporary staff. Maintain a clean and safe working environment. Operate equipment, verify component usage. Inspect finished product. Perform all associated Packaging tasks as required. Complete required documentation while meeting compliance requirements
- Support department initiatives including equipment set-up, teardown and minor troubleshooting. Assembly and disassembly of equipment during and after production runs
- Complete necessary inspections and reconcile material usage including transporting approved materials to and from the Production line
- Accurately complete batch documents and audit documentation process including batch entries, checks, labour reporting, and downtime. Ensure control and handling of labels to meet cGMP guidelines. Receive and storage of labels including all related tracking functions. Other duties as required
How will you get there?
- Minimum High School Diploma
- 3 to 5 years of related experience
- Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of department SOPs, mechanical ability, experience in set-up and tear-down of packaging equipment.
- Mechanical aptitude, oral and written English and Mathematical skills.
- Ability to work at line speed and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to deal with highly confidential information, disclosure of which could cause serious damage to the Company.
- Familiarity with GMP\u2019s a definite asset.
- WHMIS training
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.'s offers that may interest you