This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
The Source is Canada’s largest tech retailer, and every day we come into work excited to share cool tech and amazing brands with our fellow Canadians. From your local shopping centre to cool music festivals, we are where Canadians live, work and play.
Every day our Associates across the country help Canadians find the tech they want and need. The Source is a great place to work and we are committed to your development through best in class training programs that help you do your best. Behind our in-store Associates is a supporting team of professionals who curate our product assortment, ensure on-time deliveries, create engaging marketing campaigns and help keep our systems running at peak capacity.
We are passionate about what we do and look for individuals with their own passion, curiosity and genuine helpfulness to join us!
The career you want.
This role is an ideal opportunity for someone who has a passion for marketing and media strategy. They will drive business results by leading marketing and media planning for the organization. This includes quarterly and annual marketing plans, media strategy and the ownership of most of our marketing investment.
You’ll love this role if you are innately curious, enjoy studying industry and consumer trends, and how to leverage them to drive business results. This role requires strong partnership across the organization so that you can build plans that ladder up to holistic business objectives. This is a leadership role that influences marketing strategy and results via planning and direct oversight of media strategy and spend.
- Lead marketing planning and strategy for all lines of business (CE, mobility and BRS)
- Oversee the media portfolio (mass, social, digital) - including planning, strategy and execution to ensure it effectively supports marketing and business priorities
- Manage media agency partners including setting annual priorities, managing quarterly business reviews, and identifying new media and research/analytical opportunities
- Manage quarterly, annual and long-range marketing planning, , working closely with cross functional partners including finance, merchandising, ecommerce and sales
- Proactively identify risks/gaps and adjust existing strategies based on evolving landscape
- Prepare and deliver executive presentations, with compelling and persuasive narratives to influence cross-functional leaders
- Engage and build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, aligning marketing strategy to organizational priorities
- Actively monitor business activity and report on effectiveness of marketing programs, partnerships and media investment
Skills we’re looking for:
- Understanding of industry and consumer trends in consumer electronics, retail and telco
- Ability to translate business objectives into actionable marketing strategies
- Experience developing marketing strategies, ideally in a retail or telco environment
- Ability to build relationships at all levels, and influence with and without authority
- Experience in marketing communications and how it contributes to brand and business growth
- Experience with media planning, optimization, analytics and budget management
- Highly proficient in preparing executive level presentations and delivering them with confidence
- Highly motivated and able to proactively seek out innovative approaches to business challenges
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal (ability to effectively communicate and present to people at all levels)
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously within tight deadlines
- Ability to work with change, in a competitive environment where priorities change frequently
- Experience with BI tool sets such as Tableau, Micromarkets and Microstrategy
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3+ years experience in marketing strategy
- Previous experience leading and collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders
- Previous experience in media (agency or client side)
- Previous experience in retail and/or telecommunications
- Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
- A passion for tech
Position Type: Retail Head Office
Position: Senior Manager, Marketing Strategy & Media
Job Location: Barrie || Canada : Ontario : Barrie || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Application Deadline: 08/10/2021
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
As Canada's favourite tech retailer you have the opportunity to work close to home - and we're also proud to offer a competitive compensation package that includes an extensive recognition and rewards program, career development opportunities, multi-faceted training programs, competitive medical and dental benefits, charity and volunteer opportunities and of course, associate discounts!
The Source celebrates and embraces diversity as part of our culture. We strive to be an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment that supports both our internal and external customers, ensuring everyone feels valued and respected. Accommodations are available on request for all candidates taking part in any aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other The Source's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Retail Sales Associate, Campbell River - The SourceRetail Sales Associate, Campbell River - The Source | Campbell River,BC
- Job posting | Retail Sales Associate, Revelstoke - The SourceRetail Sales Associate, Revelstoke - The Source | Revelstoke,BC
- Job posting | Associé aux ventes, Montréal, non-cadre - La SourceAssocié aux ventes, Montréal, non-cadre - La Source | Montréal,QC