This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Number: J1020-0395
Job Title: Ultrasound Technologist - Ultrasound (GEN)
Job Category: Diagnostic Imaging
Hospital Location: Centenary/General/Birchmount
Job Type: Part Time
Number Of Positions: 1
Union: OPSEU Local 575
Hours: Days, Afternoons, Nights, Weekends, Holidays, On Call
Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
Reporting to the Manager, you will: organize and perform the ultrasound examinations assigned, maintain and document high quality images during the course of duties, actively participate in the implementation of strategies aimed at improving operational efficiency and effectiveness of the ultrasound service. You will be required to work at all SHN hospital locations.
• Successful completion of an established ultrasound training program of at least 12 months duration
• Minimum of current 2 years of hospital experience
• Registration with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) and the Canadian Association of Registered Diagnostic Ultrasound Professionals (CARDUP)
• Must maintain registry status by obtaining the required 30 hour continuing medical education (CME) credits every three years
• Registration is required in the following specialties: Ultrasound Physics & Instrumentation, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Abdomen and Vascular
• Must have venous and arterial doppler and breast imaging experience
• Demonstrated technical capability
• Well-developed interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
• Must be able to work independently in a fast paced environment, assess patient capabilities and limitations and make practice adjustments as necessary
• Computer keyboarding and literacy skills
•Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area
•Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public
•Demonstrated pattern of excellent attendance and performance
• Ability to speak another language
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other The Scarborough Hospital's offers that may interest you