This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Number: J1020-0472
Job Title: Supply Cart Specialist, Distribution (GEN)
Department: Gen Distribution
Job Category: Stores/Procurement
Hospital Location: Centenary/General/Birchmount
Job Type: Full Time
Number Of Positions: 1
Union: Non Union
Date Posted: October 9, 2020
Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
Reporting to the Supervisor (Supply Cart Redesign), the Supply Cart Specialist will liaison with Logistics, and specific department staff to optimize and achieve operational efficiencies for department supply carts. Objectives will be to review and analyze all Business Intelligence department usage reports, in-stock percent, unit of measure and direct purchase data to right size quotas. The primary accountability and outcome for the Supply Cart Specialist is the reorganization and rebuild of supply carts and storage areas, utilizing Project Management Methodologies, Six Sigma Principles, Process Improvement Tools and Statistical Tools. In order to facilitate harmonization and enhance safe patient outcomes, clinical efficiencies and fiscal accountability the Supply Cart Specialist will liaise with nurse managers, clinical resource leaders and infection control practitioners to discuss optimization of cart profile parameters and the inherent process flow to meet the objective of having the Right Product in the Right Place at the Right Time and minimizing the risks of stocking out and obsolescence. You may be scheduled at any SHN hospital based on departmental needs.
• Community College or equivalent diploma or certificate, with Project management or Logistics courses
• Minimum 2 years′ work experience in Supply Chain environment dealing with end-to-end project management, data analytics, supply chain process improvements and space optimization / design
• Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Outlook and PowerPoint)
• Advanced level of expertise and hands on experience in MS Excel applications
• Knowledge of SAP system to generate and analyze reports
• Data Analytics skills using Excel
• Experience using Project Management methodologies
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience with process improvement techniques and understanding of Lean Six Sigma principles and methodology
• Proven experience in inventory management, supply distribution and cart management processes
• Experience with time management and working under pressure to meet strict deadlines
• Excellent organizational, listening and communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Extensive knowledge of the Supply Chain processes
• Highly self-motivated and a dependable team player
• Demonstrated ability to make quick assessments to solve minor problems and establish priorities in a fast paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to work with internal and external customers
• Above average analytical and organizational skills
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues and volunteers and other members of the community and public
• Demonstrates values consistent with SHN′s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
• Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
• Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
• Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
• Demonstrates excellent work performance and attendance record
• Proficient with Macros in Excel
• Basic level of VBA (Visual Basic Application)
• Project Management Certification
• Six Sigma Certifications
• Ability to speak another language
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other The Scarborough Hospital's offers that may interest you