This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Number: J0920-0142
Job Title: Registered Technologist, Shared Hospital Laboratory
Department: Shared Hospital Laboratory
Job Category: Laboratory
Hospital Location: Shared Lab
Job Type: Temporary Full Time
Contract Duration: 1 year
Number Of Positions: 1
Union: OPSEU Local 575 - Shared Hospital Laboratory Inc.
Hours: Days, Afternoons, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Holidays
Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
Reporting to the Operations Manager of Microbiology Department in the Shared Hospital Laboratory, you will be responsible for performing all routine duties and special procedures in Microbiology Department.
• Current registration with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO) in Microbiology
• MLT with related Microbiology experience
• Working knowledge of laboratory computer systems
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and computer skills
• Demonstrates values consistent with the hospital Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
• Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
• Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
• Excellent work performance and attendance record
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other The Scarborough Hospital's offers that may interest you