This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Number: J0221-1164
Job Title: Registered Technologist, CEN Core Laboratory
Department: RVC LAB CLINICAL CHEM
Job Category: Laboratory
Hospital Location: Centenary
Job Type: Temporary Part Time
Contract Duration: 1 year
Number Of Positions: 1
Union: OPSEU Local 575
Hours: Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Holidays
Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
Reporting to Manager of Laboratory, the Registered Technologist will be responsible for processing lab specimens, testing, updating patient records, documentation of procedures and test results, and maintenance and stocking of work area. Other duties as assigned.
• CMLTO registered Medical Laboratory Technologist - practicing designation in good standing
• Demonstrated knowledge and ability to perform all laboratory functions in a busy acute care hospital, including Hematology, Immunohematology and Chemistry
• Evidence of sound organizational and prioritization skills and the ability to work well in stressful situations
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and documentation skills with the ability to work well with patients, families, all levels of staff and the community
• Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
• Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public.
• Exposure to Lean principles, an understanding of methodologies and tools and a commitment to the use of these in support of providing the best healthcare experience possible to our patients
• Demonstrates values consistent with SHN′s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
• Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
• Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
• Excellent work performance and attendance
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other The Scarborough Hospital's offers that may interest you