This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Number: J0621-0359
Job Title: Registered Nurse - PACU/SDS (GEN)
Department: Post Anaesthetic Care Unit
Job Category: Nursing
Hospital Location: General
Job Type: Full-Time Temporary
Contract Duration: 12 months
Number Of Positions: 1
Union: ONA Local 111
Hours: Days, Nights
Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada′s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America′s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
Reporting to the Manager, you will be responsible for providing excellent patient and family centred care to a diverse patient population in Level I (PACU) and Level II (Same Day Surgery) recovery. You will provide high quality nursing care to patients and their families, based on the philosophy and conceptual framework of Nursing of Scarborough Health Network. The successful candidate is required to be on standby and will be scheduled to work in PACU and SDS based on departmental needs.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
• Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• BCLS required
• ACLS preferred and must be completed within one (1) year of hire
• Recent experience with Surgical Patient Care required
• PACU Certificate or its equivalent (e.g. Critical Care, ED) required
• Previous PACU, Same Day Surgery, Critical Care or ED experience preferred
• Caring for patients from all stages of development, including pediatric patients an asset
• Proven excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
• Demonstrated excellent problem-solving, decision making and critical thinking skills
• Demonstrated excellent organizational and time-management skills
• Demonstrated excellent team building skills
• Demonstrated initiative and the ability to function both independently and as a multidisciplinary team member in a fast paced demanding environment
• Demonstrates values consistent with SHN′s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
• Consistent utilization for personal protective equipment (PPE) provided and identify and reports hazards
• Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
• Excellent work performance and attendance record
• Certification in Peri-Anaesthesia Nursing from the Canadian Nurses Association or willingness to complete within 2 years
• Ability to speak another language
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community′s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following us on Twitter at: SHNCareers
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other The Scarborough Hospital's offers that may interest you