This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Number: J0221-1158
Job Title: Registered Nurse - 2 Central Nephrology (GEN)
Department: 2 Central Nephrology
Job Category: Nursing
Hospital Location: General/Birchmount
Job Type: Part Time
Number Of Positions: 1
Union: ONA Local 111
Hours: Days, Nights, Weekends, Holidays
Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada′s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America′s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
Reporting to the Patient Care Manager, you will be responsible for providing excellent care to a diverse patient population (in-patient unit). You will be part of a busy department, with complex and very active medical and nephrology patients. You will be part of a team whose focus is providing care to patients who have multiple co-morbidities accompanied with their original admitting diagnosis. There is a staffing mix of both RN′s and RPN′s with a delivery care model of Team Nursing. You may be scheduled at the General or Birchmount hospital based on departmental needs.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
• Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Current BCLS
• Nephrology 1 and 2 courses completed from a recognized nephrology nursing certificate program or equivalent combination of education, training and experience (Successful applicants not completed the Nephrology course will be expected to enroll within one year)
• Minimum of one year of acute nursing experience or equivalent combination of education and training
• Patient Assessment and Health Promotion/Teaching skills
• Must be willing to work with mixed aggregation of patients
• Demonstrated excellent problem-solving, decision making and critical thinking skills
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues and volunteers and other members of the community and public
• Demonstrates values consistent with SHN′s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation
• Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
• Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
• Excellent work performance and attendance
• Demonstrates values consistent with SHN′s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
• Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
• Demonstrates excellent work performance and attendance record
• Nephrology Certificate Program completed
• Certification in Nephrology Nursing through the Canadian Nurses Association
• Ability to speak another language an asset
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community′s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other The Scarborough Hospital's offers that may interest you