This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Number: J0221-1305
Job Title: Registered Nurse - 10th Level Adult Inpatient Mental Health
Department: RVC 10TH LEVEL PSYCHIATRY
Job Category: Nursing
Hospital Location: Centenary
Job Type: Temporary Full Time
Contract Duration: March 15 to June 15, 2021
Number Of Positions: 1
Union: ONA Local 111
Hours: Days, Nights
Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
Reporting to the Manager of Inpatient Mental Health, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing high quality psychiatric nursing care to adult patients and their families within the ward milieu as well as the Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). Care is provided within a strong, interdisciplinary team approach.
• Current certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Competent to perform CPR at a Basic Cardiac Life Support level
• Management of Aggressive Behaviour course from a recognized program
• Minimum 2 years recent experience in acute-care psychiatry or successful completion of the Certification in Psychiatric / Mental Health Nursing CPMHN (C)
• 30 - Hour Life Skills course
• Evidence of sound organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to work well in stressful situations
• Excellent communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with patients, families, all levels of staff and the community
• Ability to work well independently and to exercise sound judgement
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the position
• Demonstrated pattern of good attendance and work record
• Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area
• Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other The Scarborough Hospital's offers that may interest you