This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
The Ottawa Hospital is accepting resumes for upcoming Casual (On-Call) positions.
Minimum availability requirements: 2/3 weekends, 8 weeks during the period from June 1 to September 30, and 5 shifts between December 23 and January 3, inclusive of either Christmas Day, Boxing Day or December 31/New Year's Day.
The main responsabilities of a staffing assistant position include, but are not limited to :
- Enter data into the staff scheduling system including daily staff updates, availability and time card data;
- Provide staffing support to the Scheduling Coordinator and Unit Manager/and or delegate in addition to regular duties;
- Schedule staff according to all collective agreements and to ensure that proper staffing levels are maintained throughout the designated programs;
- Enhance the quality, organization, delivery, and outcomes of assigned units through staffing related functions;
- Manipulate schedules and move staff around according to the needs and skills of the Clinical areas.
Position may be located at either the Civic, General, Riverside Campus or other TOH Satellite locations
Rotation - Various Shifts
- Secondary School Diploma (Grade 12);
- Recent clerical experience or office experience;
- Six months recent experience with a computerized staff scheduling system;
- Computer experience;
- Data Entry (4000 k/h);
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated positive, productive interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently.
How to Apply
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by improving the health of the community, excited by leading-edge medical technology, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient safety as we are, we would like to hear from you. Please submit an on-line application for the position you are interested in. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The Ottawa Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 66177
Other The Ottawa Hospital's offers that may interest you