This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
This position technically belongs in our OPSEU L464 bargaining but the collective agreement language and terms of conditions of employment for this newly acquired classification have yet to be negotiated hence we are posting this job as non-union.
This position is for the Malignant Hematology Program.
Temporary until approximately February 01, 2020.
Days, 8 hours shifts.
- Completion of an accredited PA program or equivalent;
- Certified or eligible to be certified through the CAPA (Canadian Association of Physician Assistants) or Certified through NCCPA (National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants) for American educated/trained PAs;
- Current certification in BCLS;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of chronic disease management;
- Knowledge and awareness of principles and issues related to the delivery of primary care;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Familiarity with computers and typing proficiency;
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education and willingness to actively participate in departmental educational activities;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as an active member of the interdisciplinary team;
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to prioritize, organize and work independently;
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement and willingness to actively participate in continuous quality improvement activities/initiatives;
- Leadership, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Current ACLS certification;
- Previous experience in Community Health OR Primary Care OR Generalist Care;
- Experience with electronic health records an asset;
- Proficiency in English and French - oral expression (advanced level) and comprehension (advanced level).
How to Apply
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by improving the health of the community, excited by leading-edge medical technology, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient safety as we are, we would like to hear from you. Please submit an on-line application for the position you are interested in. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The Ottawa Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 70215
Other The Ottawa Hospital's offers that may interest you