This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
This position is for the Regional Geriatric Program and will be based at the Civic campus.
Temporary until approximately February 15, 2020.
Days, 8 hour shifts. *For information purposes only - The Hospital reserves the right to change.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing;
- Nurse Practitioner Certificate;
- Registered Nurse Extended Class (EC);
- Member of Registered Nurses Association of Ontario ;
- Member of Nurse Practitioners Association of Ontario;
- Minimum of two (2) years recent clinical experience in an acute care setting working with medically complex older adults where strong skills have been developed in autonomous decision making;
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in working as a Nurse Practitioner;
- Experience in an acute setting where strong skills have been developed in autonomous decision making (ie: Emergency Department, Northern or underserviced area);
- Demonstrated the ability to respond appropriately to rapidly changing clinical conditions;
- Demonstrates current understanding of acute and geriatric principles;
- Demonstrates knowledge of principles and issues related to the delivery of acute episodic care in LTC setting;
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuing education;
- Demonstrates experience and willingness to actively participate in building capacity in the LTC setting;
- Expertise in advanced heath assessment, diagnosis and clinical procedures;
- Demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively and communicate (in oral and written formats) effectively as an active member of the health care team;
- Experience working with word processing, spreadsheet and database applications;
- Current driver’s license;
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
Applicants who do not meet the above-noted requirements are eligible to apply for this position and may be considered if there are no other applicants who meet all of the requirements.
Applicants selected for an interview will be notified of interview results.
- Post Basic Certificate in Gerontology;
- Masters degree in Nursing or in a related discipline;
- Proficiency in English and French - oral expression (advanced level) and comprehension (advanced level).
How to Apply
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by improving the health of the community, excited by leading-edge medical technology, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient safety as we are, we would like to hear from you. Please submit an on-line application for the position you are interested in. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The Ottawa Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 69809
Other The Ottawa Hospital's offers that may interest you