This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Days, 8 hour shifts.
*For information purposes only - The Hospital reserves the right to change.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Health Sciences related field AND certified or registered in base health sciences field (e.g., Registered Nurse, Medical Laboratory Technologist);
- Four (4) years clinical experience in relevant discipline;
- Experience in Infection Control relating to surveillance, education, consultation, occupational health liaison, research and policy development and/or a minimum of 80 hours IPAC/APIC endorsed Infection Control courses.
- Current certification in Infection Control (CIC) or will obtain certification in Infection Control within 3 years of entry into the profession and maintains certification;
- Knowledge and understanding of patient care practices;
- Knowledge of the Infectious Disease process and the regulatory bodies and legislative requirements that impact the Infection Control practice;
- Solid experience working with word processing, spreadsheet and database applications;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Superior written, verbal and presentation skills;
- Sound judgement and problem-solving abilities and initiative.
Applicants who do not meet the above-noted requirements are eligible to apply for this position and may be considered if there are no other applicants who meet all of the requirements.
Applicants selected for an interview will be notified of interview results.
Please note this position is also posted under OPSEU.
- Additional courses in epidemiology, microbiology, infectious diseases and statistics;
- Member of Infection Prevention and Control Canada (IPAC Canada);
- Proficiency in English and French oral expression (advanced level) and comprehension (advanced level).
How to Apply
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by improving the health of the community, excited by leading-edge medical technology, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient safety as we are, we would like to hear from you. Please submit an on-line application for the position you are interested in. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The Ottawa Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 68259
Other The Ottawa Hospital's offers that may interest you