This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Days, 8 hour shifts.
*For information purposes only - The Hospital reserves the right to change.
- Graduate of a Health Information Management Diploma Program recognized by the Canadian College of Health Information Management (CCHIM) at a certificant level;
- Member in good standing with CHIMA maintained through ongoing CPE credits;
- Minimum of one (1) year of previous related experience;
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- Good organizational skills an ability to work independently & with a team;
- Thorough knowledge of the flow of health information in a health care organization;
- Excellent judgment and decision-making while coding an abstracting;
- Demonstrated accountability for decisions;
- Excellent data entry skills;
- Excellent close attention to detail and accuracy;
- Working knowledge in commonly used computer software for coding and abstracting;
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, coding standards, and electronic systems;
- Demonstrated commitment to the TOH values;
- Foundational knowledge of the CIHI Canadian Coding Standards and how they are applied to ICD-10-CA/CCI coding of Emergency and Day Surgery;
- Ability to work under pressure for Ministry and facility-imposed deadlines.
- Experience coding in large teaching facility;
- Proficient in computer software such as Med2020 or 3M abstracting, Registration systems, code finder software such as 3M Code Finder, familiarity with folio.
How to Apply
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by improving the health of the community, excited by leading-edge medical technology, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient safety as we are, we would like to hear from you. Please submit an on-line application for the position you are interested in. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The Ottawa Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 70086
Other The Ottawa Hospital's offers that may interest you