This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
The Disability Claims Administrator is primarily responsible for calculating and issuing short and long-term disability benefit payments. This includes interpreting contractual provisions to determine benefit entitlement including offsets and tax requirement utilizing the payment and management systems. Handling of all calculation related inquiries and managing the maintenance of long term disability claims in accordance with contractual and corporate policy.
- For new claims, complete the financial information including the initial benefit calculation, the DLR and waiver reserve set up.
- At the direction of the Case Manager and in accordance with contractual provisions, calculate and issue short and long-term disability benefit payments.
- Perform simple and complex STD and LTD benefit calculations including inflation protection, cost of living increases, rehabilitation and partial period calculations in accordance with contractual provisions.
- Perform Under/overpayment calculations; follow up for repayment; processing BEN refunds and adjustments.
- Explain benefit calculations and payments, including tax issues to customers over the phone or in writing.
- Follow-up CPP.
- For maintenance of long-term disability claims, request and assess medical updates, verify other income calculations and follow ups as required.
- Other administrative and financial duties in support of claims teams as required.
- Handling data verification and exception reports to resolve system discrepancies.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Post-secondary education with a strong financial background or equivalent related experience.
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Team player with demonstrated customer service skills.
- Proficient in using Microsoft (Outlook, Word, Excel) and possess the aptitude for learning additional industry-related software.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to remain flexible, work as part of a team as well as independently.
Canada Life is a leading insurance, wealth management and benefits provider focused on improving the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians. For more than 170 years, individuals, families and business owners across Canada have trusted us to provide sound guidance and deliver on the promises we’ve made.
As of January 1, 2020, Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life became one company - Canada Life, and today, we proudly serve more than 13 million customer relationships from coast to coast to coast.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Canada Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness in our head office facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other The Canada Life Assurance Company's offers that may interest you