This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
The Director, Product Development is responsible for planning and leading a dedicated team to execute investment product development elements across business and product lines with a focus on Canada Life’s Group Retirement Savings product shelf.
The incumbent will lead responsibilities for all elements of the product process from ideation to execution, drawing on and engaging resources and expertise around the Canada Life organization, including the GRSI (Group Retirement Savings & Investments) leadership and market research and external partners to define opportunities, develop strategies and carry through implementation and maintenance.
The ideal candidate will develop and maintain a thorough and specialized understanding of the competitive Group Retirement Savings marketplace, including pain points and unmet needs of clients and stakeholders such as investors, plan members, plan sponsors, consultants , advisors and distributors to profitably create and market a world class product solutions through multiple channels.
Conducting strategic and competitive briefings to keep senior leadership informed of key changes and dynamics is also critical in this role.
- Ideate, validate, develop and present business cases to support and execute on product lifecycle activities in a collaborative, cross organizational manner, delivering a leading product shelf for each channel
- Successfully connect ideas to evolve strategic direction of the business with a focus on the lines of business and may cover a wide range of topics, business challenges or client needs (examples of which could include ETFs, Alternatives, Decumulation, Solution - oriented, etc.)
- Develop and maintain market insights around customer needs, domestic and global trends through primary and secondary means, including structured and unstructured interaction with the various distribution teams, industry contacts and publications. Must maintain collaborative relationships across all lines of business. Package and share insights regularly with key constituents.
- Develop and maintain financial models upon which to analyze and evaluate the viability and profit potential of new product ideas and initiatives, incorporating input and obtaining concurrence from multiple stakeholders such as finance, distribution and senior executive. Work closely with and guide strategic and tactical financial decision making of senior leadership.
- Lead implementation projects on a cross functional basis, taking project management lead whenever dedicated PM resources are not available.
- Support or take a lead role on key initiatives including fund management initiatives, and broader organizational initiatives that have an investment product element. Examples could include areas such as financial planning, ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance), high net worth segment or decumulation strategy
Qualifications and Competencies:
- 10+ years of combined Group Investment fund Product Development, Institutional Investment and Wealth Solutions experience
- University degree, preferably MBA or Master of Finance, or equivalent
- Strategic thinker and business acumen with the ability to critically evaluate and assess feasibility of all ideas, including new and innovative ones
- Investment Product Development expertise to secure development and execution of the business plan and strategy and to ensure we are positioned to help the organization grow in the Group Retirement Savings & Investment space through strong product development and offerings
- Results driven with an ability to track, aggregate and internalize a broad range of information and insights, from both primary and secondary sources, to determine customer needs, advisor or intermediary trends, industry trends and flows, and areas where we need to create or improve offerings.
- Ability to understand and successfully navigate the mechanics of a large matrixed organization
- Proven ability to build strong business relationships on all levels and empower teams
- Strong coaching and people management skills in either formal or informal capacity
- Capable of prioritizing competing priorities to achieve results
- Possesses a high degree of financial, analytic and problem-solving skills
- CFA, CIM, CAIA are assets
- Strong proficiency with the MS Office suite. Proven experience with various industry-related applications including Morningstar Direct/AWS, Salesforce, Bloomberg are an asset
Canada Life is a leading insurance, wealth management and benefits provider focused on improving the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians. For more than 170 years, individuals, families and business owners across Canada have trusted us to provide sound guidance and deliver on the promises we’ve made.
As of January 1, 2020, Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life became one company - Canada Life, and today, we proudly serve more than 13 million customer relationships from coast to coast to coast.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Canada Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness in our head office facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings.
We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other The Canada Life Assurance Company's offers that may interest you