This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
• Coordinate software safety activities throughout entire system lifecycle.
• Perform hazard identification studies (HAZID, HAZOP), hazard analyses (PHA, SHA, HAZID, FTA, FHA) and safety analyses (FFMEA, FMECA, FSA).
• Define software safety requirements, including Software Safety Integrity Levels (SSIL).
• Analyze and evaluate design compliance with safety requirements and safety principles.
• Identify and record hazards in Hazard Log, assess safety risks, review hazard mitigations, evaluate the design and track hazard status throughout close-out process.
• Review the adequacy and completeness of the safety evidence, including test and verification reports, and produce the Safety Case.
• Work as part of integrated project team and promote company's safety policy and best practices.
• Recognize opportunities for, and encourage, cross-use and cross-acceptance of safety certifications and Safety Cases.
• Represent Safety in technical meetings involving safety-related issues. Participate in, influence, and approve design decisions impacting or potentially impacting safety.
• Exercise safety leadership on the product and/or project, and is accountable for the technical safety of the train control system.
• Prepares safety requirement specifications by analyzing and decomposing customer safety requirements.
• Perform technical trade off evaluations to identify the system safety engineering design choices with associated advantages and disadvantages.
• Review and approve the Hazard Log and associated hazard analyses.
• Identify and anticipate risks and opportunities, and propose mitigation actions.
• Prepares technical proposals, reports, presentations, change evaluations and responses to customer requests. Provides technical Bids and Proposals support as assigned.
• Works with customers and Independent Safety Assessor (ISA) to achieve safety approval and acceptance of the train control system.
• Defines processes and best practices covering the entire safety activities and system lifecycle.
• Trains, leads and supervises junior members of the RAMS Engineering team.
• Supervise other Safety Specialists and consultants by defining their work, methodology and approach, monitoring their progress, and directing them on priorities.
• Resolves safety related issues by participating in the Safety Committee, as required.
• Ensures that safety requirements can be verified; review safety test procedures and reports to confirm sufficient coverage of safety requirements.
• Verify the safety of the system by performing:
- Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA);
- Functional Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FFMEA);
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA);
- Functional Hazard Analysis (FnHA);
- Functional Safety Analysis (FnSA); and
- Hazard Identification (HAZID) and Hazard Operability (HAZOP) studies.
• Accountable for performing the work correctly within cost and schedule limits as defined in approved Work Package.
• Provide support to resolve safety related issues by participating in the Safety Committee, as required.
• Report directly to the Manager RAMS Engineering and liaises with the Chief Safety Architect, and work closely with other team members, both in Safety team and from other functional teams, to meet project objectives.
•B.Sc. Electrical Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent
•Knowledge of fixed and moving block signalling principles, relay based and computer based interlocking design, and control tables.
•Experience in design interface to wayside (e.g., points, track circuits, signals) and rolling stock equipment.
•Familiarity software on real time safety critical systems.
• + 10 years train control experience and/or automatic control systems in other industry.
• Knowledge of safety program and safety lifecycle for complex (safety critical) systems.
• Experience with train control systems and the associated hazard, safety and risk analysis.
•Good understanding of safety principles, and ability to evaluate safety and operational impact.
•Experience with safety standards (CENELEC, MIL, MoD, IEEE, IEC), methods and techniques (FMEA/FMECA, FTA, FHA).
• Good technical writing, communication and analytical skills.
•Computer skills, MS Office; DOORS; Item ToolKit, RAM Commander, Isograph.
•Safety analysis methods and techniques - FTA, FMEA/FMECA, HAZID/HAZOP, PHA, SHA, FnHA
•Proof of Safety/Safety Case - GPSC, GASC, SASC
•Safety standards EN 50126/128/129/159
• Signalling PrinciplesChez Thales, nous proposons des CARRIÈRES passionnantes, pas de simples emplois. Fort de ses 80 000 collaborateurs dans 68 pays, Thales a mis en place une politique de mobilité permettant, chaque année, à des milliers d'employés de faire progresser leur carrière tant dans leur domaine d’expertise que dans de nouveaux domaines de compétences, cela aussi bien dans leur pays d’origine qu’à l'étranger. Ensemble, nous pensons qu’adopter une politique de flexibilité est une manière plus actuelle de travailler. C’est ici que commence votre parcours exceptionnel, postulez sans tarder!At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!Thales s’engage à promouvoir un lieu de travail diversifié et inclusif pour tous. Thales s’engage à fournir des accommodements à toute les étapes du processus de recrutement. Les candidats retenus pour une entrevue qui ont besoin d’accommodement sont priés d’en informer à la suite de l’invitation pour une entrevue. Nous travaillerons avec vous pour répondre à vos besoins. Toutes les informations relatives à l'accommodement fourni seront traitées de manière confidentielle et utilisées uniquement dans le but de fournir une expérience de candidat accessible.Thales is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Thales is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the interview process. Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for an interview. We will work with you to meet your needs. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Thales Group's offers that may interest you