Electrical Designer - Level 2
Techsol Marine4800, rue Rideau, Quebec City,QC
- Salary To be discussed
40.00 h - Full time
Day shift work
- Published on September 15th, 2022
1 position to fill as soon as possible
Techsol Marine, a related corporation of Ocean Group, is a Quebec-based company with a human dimension. Every day, we design, produce and deploy innovative solutions on a global scale to revolutionize the marine industry and support the change towards a greener and more sustainable future. We encourage recognition and collaboration among our teams, each one more electrifying than the other!
You want to discover the maritime field or continue to develop within a team of passionate experts focused on innovation? You want to contribute to large-scale projects and make a difference not only for our company and our clients, but also for the environment? Together, let's set a course towards an eco-responsible future!
Ocean Group was awarded the HR - Best Practices Award by the Chambre de commerce et d’industrie de Québec at the prestigious Fidéides 2021 evening.
Reporting to the Director - Operations, the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Study, understand, design and actively participate in various projects related to automation, control and electrical distribution;
- Prepare electrical drawings and specifications for the construction of various systems;
- Research information to support decision making and improve processes, technologies and methodologies used;
- Prepare information for production start-up and system testing;
- Adhere to applicable standards and engineering group standards;
- Participate in feasibility studies and system design;
- Verify and approve bill of materials (BOM);
- Assist estimating team in determining hours, items and/or materials required;
- Discuss technical issues with suppliers and/or subcontractors;
- Assist the Service Department in supporting a customer for a system already in operation for diagnosis, expertise or direct intervention on site or remotely;
- Perform and document production tests;
- Maintain the necessary information in the appropriate software (SAP, Zoho, etc.);
- Propose technical change requests (ECO);
- Participate and support the activities of the Health, Safety and Environment Management System.
- Collegial degree or Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering;
- Three (3) to five (5) years of relevant experience;
- Any combination of education and experience deemed equivalent will be considered;
- Fluency in French and advanced intermediate English - oral and written;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and knowledge of AutoCAD software;
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics;
- Ability to read and interpret electrical diagrams;
- Sense of priorities;
- Communication skills;
- Tolerance to stress;
- Customer service skills;
- Knowledge of EPLAN software (asset);
- Knowledge of programming (PLC/Ladder or structured text, VB, C language) (asset);
- Knowledge of programmable logic controllers (asset);
- Knowledge of variable frequency drives (Siemens, Vacon) (asset).
BENEFITS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
We offer real development opportunities as well as a competitive compensation package and benefits:
- Permanent job - 40 hours per week;
- Paid vacations during the holiday season;
- Free employee assistance program available to the whole family;
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP);
- Access to a bonus program;
- Complete group insurance (dental, vision, etc.);
- Work-life balance including the possibility of teleworking;
- Committee dedicated to listening to the needs of employees;
- Social activities based on employees' interests;
- Health and safety initiatives program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Fr : Advanced
En : Intermediate
Internal reference No.
Other Techsol Marine's offers that may interest you