This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think ''TD'' if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com
All companies are not the same. What makes TD special as a business is also, what makes us special as an employer. Why TD?
TD's Colleague Promise: A better you. A better us.
A more confident you means a stronger us. We empower you to grow your skills, gain new perspectives, and create impact at work and in your community. That’s our unique and inclusive culture.
Co-op and Internship opportunities allow you to gain valuable work experience across a number of the businesses at TD. You will work with experienced colleagues, receive world class training, and be part of a community of students across TD, where you will have an impact, grow as individual and experience our culture of care.
Our Momentum Program, is offered with select Co-op and Internship roles, and is designed to help you better understand the TD business, build on critical career capabilities, and broaden your professional network.
This program is designed to complement your on-the job experience and features:
- Leadership Talks with key Leaders from across the organization
- Lunch and Learns on topics such as Innovation, Diversity and Inclusion and Personal Branding
- Health and Wellness offerings such as Mindfulness and Yoga and so much more!
We are seeking an intellectually curious person, with a high degree of interest in public equities investing and excellent Python/VBA skills, to join the Fundamental Equities Team as an Investment Analyst Co-op. This role will support the development of quantitative tools used to inform the investment decision making process within actively managed portfolios.
On any given day you may be asked to:
- Collect and Analyze large internal/external financial datasets used for idea generation and portfolio construction
- Work alongside Research Analysts to build various stock screening tools
- Maintain and upgrade the existing tools/code-base as required
- Generate periodic reports on key metrics, portfolio holdings and various internal trackers
- Review academic and industry literature on factors that lead to stock out performance and highlight them to the investment team and/or develop tools accordingly
Early Talent Requirements
- Applications must include a transcript, cover letter (one letter-sized page or less) and a resume (maximum of 2 pages).
- We welcome all applications; however, we will only contact qualified candidates chosen for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
- TD requires employees to reside in the country where the role is located, irrespective of remote working arrangements
Assigned Line of Business Requirements
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree majoring in relevant programs, such as Mathematics, Mathematics/FARM, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance etc.
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree with the intent of going back to school at the start of your work term
- Analytical self-starter with strong attention to detail
- Excellent understanding of mathematics
Experience in implementing your ideas in software, preferably using one of the following tools:
- Python / Pandas / NumPy
- Bloomberg terminal
- Keen interest in finance and investments. Previous experience in the financial industry is not required but considered an asset
This position is a 4-month work term and will commence January 2021.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other TD's offers that may interest you