Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think ''TD'' if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com
Business Information Management (BIM) at TD is part of a creative, enterprise-wide data and analytics ecosystem. Roles in BIM are highly professional and valued, specialized yet inter-connected and focused making the availability of business information to designers, developers and decision-makers a priority, all with a united purpose to serve customers and continually build a better bank.
We're looking for analytical and agile professionals who can merge and translate data into technology and business information, serving today's business needs and setting in motion TD's longer-term goals and strategic objectives.
If you get data, its power and potential, we think you'll love working at TD, where data knows no bounds and where your professional expertise will help to drive the business forward and take your own career to new heights.
Are you a highly-seasoned data professional, equipped with both conceptual and practical expertise in business information management? If so, this role offers a hands-on and high-career growth opportunity to provide business technical leadership across a broad range of information management functions to support various areas of data and analytics.
Enjoy working with colleagues and project teams? In this specialist role you'll work closely with various technology and project teams to understand business data and provide analysis and requirements that ensure alignment with overall project and program design and data management standards.
As a Business Information Management Specialist, you will:
- Be the primary authority as a senior lead by bringing master level expertise and knowledge on a diverse range of tasks and is relied upon to coach others
- Analyze and understand business and data requirements to develop complete business solutions (e.g. analysis of data models, entity relationship diagrams, data lifecycle management, governance, lineage, metadata and reporting elements)
- Develop business requirements; design and implement complex business data information management frameworks
- Apply automation and innovation on data platforms and on new development projects / initiatives
- Conduct a range of data analyses, demonstrating your in-depth experience with very large datasets and big data technologies; assessing business information-related data requirements aligned to business needs and for specific data platforms, applications systems and servers
- Partner and collaborate with business and technology partners to resolve data / application issues and ensure requirements delivery and compliance (e.g. with enterprise framework, methodologies, financial controls, and other requirements)
- Participate fully as a member of the team, support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality and innovation and, ensure timely communication of issues/points of interest
What can you bring to TD? Share your most relevant experience, credentials and knowledge for this role, as well as these essential requirements and attributes:
- Undergraduate degree or technical certificate
- Seven (7) or more years relevant experience from a business administration, statistical, mathematical, scientific or financial background
- Sound conceptual knowledge in your area of specialty
- Fluent multiple programming languages
- Expert level analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of various data sources, tools and technologies used in preparing summaries/reports
- In-depth knowledge of competitor and market trends
- Proficient to analyze, organize and prioritize work while meeting multiple deadlines
- Expertise in using analytical software tools, MS Office, data analysis methods and reporting techniques
- Proficient to work cooperatively and independently, communicate effectively (both speaking and writing), follow instructions/direction, and help building positive relationships across teams and functions
- Act as a brand champion for our business area / function and TD, both internally and externally
- Data analysis, data governance, data management, data stewardship experience highly preferred
- Problem solving experience preferred
- SQL, JIRA and Confluence skills proficiency highly preferred
- Project management skills preferred
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.