This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
View all jobsIntern ArchitectVictoria, British Columbia · Architecture/EngineeringApply Now
Intern Architect - AIBC
Victoria, British Columbia
Architecture & Design Firm
Relocate - Open to out of province candidates
Other titles: Intern Architect, Design Architect, Architect, Intermediate Architect, AIBC Intern
Our client, a reputable and well established Architecture and Design firm in Victoria, B.C, are currently hiring for an Intern Architect to join their busy office. This firm has a diverse portfolio of work including public, community, multi-family and residential projects and fosters a collaborative and progressive environment.
As an Intern Architect with AIBC, responsibilities in this role will include:
• Use your strong skills to contribute to design development, production documents, contract administration and proposals with other architects and senior members of the firm
•Revise technical drawings and markups
• Work with establishing, maintaining, and adherence to project budget and schedule.
• Prepares client presentations and presents design concepts and drawings.
• Ensures that construction detail documentation conforms to QA/QC and Best Practice standards.
• Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
• Fosters and maintains a collaborative professional working relationship with the Project Leadership Team
• Writes reports and memos to consultants and vendors to issue changes and track resolutions.
• Reviews completed reports, plans, estimates and calculations for coordination.
• Participates in team meetings to help resolve project issues, coordination with other disciplines, schedule adherence, and technical issues.
• Participates in project reviews regarding project costs, budgets and adherence to schedule.
• Communicates in a clear, concise, and professional manner at all times, both verbally and in writing and will have regular interface with clients.
• Applies proper QA/QC methods throughout the project.
• Leadership potential is an asset
You will be working with Revit and a range of other software platforms, all the time being a part of a collaborative team and working productively with other staff members to achieve project objectives. You will have strong design skills and creative ideas to come up with unique solutions for projects, liaising with clients and various stakeholders.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- At least 5 years of industry experience and be registered with AIBC as an Intern or eligible to become registered
- You will ideally have a range of project experience with public, community, mixed use, residential and institutional project work behind you
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work to deadlines is also essential
- At least 3+ years of Canadian and preferably local experience
- Strong knowledge of building code and bylaws
- Excellent Revit skills, a strong sense of design and a good portfolio of work
- Strong sense of work ethic, honest and have a collaborative approach
- Be willing to relocate to Victoria (Vancouver Island) if you are not living there already
If you're interested in this Intern Architect role click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. We thank all candidates for their application, however, only candidates who meet the criteria above will be contacted.
Keywords: Architect, AIBC Architect, Design Architect, Vancouver, British Columbia, Victoria, Edmonton, Alberta, Project Manager, Designer, Lead Architect, Intermediate Architect, BC, Kelowna, Surrey, Burnaby, Greater Vancouver, Licensed Architect, Project Architect, B.C
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 13887476
Other TalentSphere Staffing Solutions's offers that may interest you