This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Accidental death insurance
Clothing monetary allowance
Safety clothes program and catalog
Employee assistance program
Long-term disability insurance
Medical and paramedical expenses coverage
Paid sick leave
Based on financial performance
Short-term disability insurance
Social activities organized by the company
Christmas event offered by the employer
Vision care insurance
With more than 50 years of experience, Synagi is a seed marketing company, distributing fertilizers and protection and health crop products for Quebec, eastern Ontario and the northern United States.
Industry and leading partner, Synagri’s mission is to help agricultural producers be more efficient. We are more than 400 employees during peak periods through our vast network of 22 plants.
Your experience and skills will be important assets for our organization. If you like teamwork, take on challenges and are passionate about technologies and improvements, then you will be happy and successful within Synagri.
Reporting to the Corporative Operations Supervisor, the Corporative Plant Foreman is responsible for planning and managing production as well as human resources in an efficient and profitable manner. He also makes sure to offer a quality service that meets the needs and requests of customers in the required time.
- Develop work estimates (schedule, availability of equipment and resources).
- Communicate to the teams the individual and collective objectives of cost, quality and deadlines to be reached and the internal operating rules.
- Communicate the results to the Corporative Operations Supervisor and identify solutions with him in the event of specific difficulties.
- Plan human resources needs in terms of recruitment, development and training.
- Perform personnel management under his direction.
- Follow up on different requests from both employees and customers.
- Exercise a leadership role in health and safety management and act as an agent of influence and change with employees and customers.
- Define with the Corporative Operations Supervisor the main performance indicators to assess the smooth running of production: productivity, health and safety.
- Identify the main levers for optimizing production: production capacity, quality, human resources, etc.
- Implement the solutions defined in terms of production organization: continuous improvement, new processes, new functional organization.
- Identify production dysfunctions and unforeseen events and provide solutions to the main actors concerned: supervisors, project manager, etc.
- Analyse, implement and document the improvements to be made to our processes.
- Help teams in the application of improvement techniques.
- Establish load plans (priorities, quantities, volumes, production rate).
- Ensure the smooth running of the entire production: manufacturing, quality scheduling, methods, supply, etc.
- Manage mechanical maintenance and buildings.
- Monitor the permanence (daily basis) of the various key indicators.
Synagri offers you
- Job’s stability
- Safe and team-oriented environment
- Attractive professional development prospects
- Group insurance and benefits
- Company demonstrating agility, efficiency and innovation
- Company with dimensions human
- Hold a university degree in operation’s management, industrial production or other specialization deemed relevant such as continuous improvement (green belt an asset).
- Have 5 to 8 years of relevant experience directly related to the position or in continuous improvement, including at least 2 years with supervision and personnel management (unionized environment an asset).
- Master the Office suite.
- Bilingualism 4/5 (oral and written).
Synagri promotes a management style focuses on communication, commitment and employee recognition. The key skills to act as manager at Synagri are:
- Quality of judgement
- Customer focus
- Courage to act
- Mobilizing communication
- Priority management
- Conflict Management
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Fr : Advanced
En : Advanced
Fr : Advanced
En : Advanced
Other SynAgri's offers that may interest you