This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Apply for positionSupervisor - Hematological Pathology - LMMD Division of Hematological Pathology - Regular Full-Time (202667) Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 10/9/2020 9:33:00 AM
Summary of Duties:
Reporting to the Manager, the Supervisor will be responsible for providing supervision including, technical, scientific, educational and supportive service to both internal and external users at all sites. In collaboration with management and Medical/Scientific Team the Supervisor will also be responsible for the following: Contributing to departmental processes such as budget, performance appraisals, interviews, and staff scheduling. Organizing workflow, developing and maintaining departmental manuals within the Quality Management System, and delegating responsibilities as required. Networking with internal/external organizations. Generating daily, weekly, and monthly reports. Ensuring effective communication is maintained with all levels of medical, technical staff and management through evaluating and refining communication strategy. Supporting and assisting with staff activities to enhance safe practice and quality improvement in the lab. Providing leadership through teaching, research, mentorship and sharing of expertise.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Medical Laboratory Technologist
- Current member in good standing with CMLTO required
- ART certification and or equivalent (BSc) preferred
- 7 years recent experience Hematology and Coagulation in a hospital setting required
- Knowledge and hands on experience with Flow Cytometry is preferred
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge base in relevant disciplines
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to foster a supportive team environment
- Knowledge of adult education principles
- Knowledge of continuous quality improvement, total quality management techniques, and lean principles
- Knowledge of standards and regulations: IQMH, CIQAP
- Demonstrated effective problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels
- Computer skills that include Word, Excel, and Power Point experience is required
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 202667 to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Apply for position
« Back to Non Union
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Senior Financial Analyst - Regular Full-Time - Sunnybrook Research Institute(201126) | Toronto,ON
- Job posting | Registered Practical Nurse - General Medicine - Part-Time(191329) | Toronto,ON
- Job posting | Registered Practical Nurse - C6 Community Programme - Full-time(200457) | Toronto,ON