This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Apply for positionRegistered Practical Nurse - K3E - Acute - Regular Full Time (201961) Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 10/9/2020 11:20:43 AM
We currently have a Regular Full-Time opportunity for a Registered Practical Nurse at our Bayview Campus.
Located in the Veterans Centre, K3E Acute is a new 32 bed inpatient unit that provides acute care for patients across the life span, from adult to senior, with up to 12 beds dedicated for patients with behavioural support care. This unit uses an interdisciplinary and collaborative approach for complex and transitional care needs. Patients will be transferred from inpatient units or the Emergency Department to support them in their focused care needs while creating capacity for higher acuity inpatients within Sunnybrook.
Summary of Duties
Responsible for providing person centred care in the acute care setting of K3E Acute (Internal Medicine), within the RPN scope of practice The RPN works independently and interdependently as part of the interprofessional health care team to provide excellent culture-sensitive nursing care to patients with varying health needs in a rapidly changing, practice environment. The RPN works collaboratively with Registered Nurses (RNs) in a consultative relationship to provide elements of care to Internal Medicine patients with complex health issues and with less predictable outcomes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Care processes which include identifying the needs of patients and families
- Completing assessments, planning and continuously reassessing care
- Implementing evidence based interventions, and evaluating patient outcomes and the patient experience
- Demonstrate commitment to quality improvement, ongoing professional development and reflective practice
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario with no restrictions to practice as a Registered Practical Nurse
- Current Heart and Stroke Foundation CPR
- RPN diploma required
- 6 -12 months recent acute care nursing experience preferred or recent RPN experience plus the successful completion of the Sunnybrook Advanced Assessment Course for RPN’s at Humber within the last 2 years.
- Successful completion of pre-interview knowledge assessment tool.
- Demonstrated commitment to Person-Centred Care
- Demonstrated critical-thinking, decision-making, and problem solving skills in a fast a fast-paced, high turnover environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- Evidence of ongoing commitment to professional practice and support of a quality practice setting environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to safe, high quality, ethical care
- Demonstrated ability to identify when care needs of patient and family have changed and require a broader scope of knowledge, skill and judgment
- Demonstrated ability to plan and provide patient education to support discharge planning
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize patient care assignments within the RPN scope of practice collaboratively with RNs and other members of the inter-professional team
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 201961 to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Senior Financial Analyst - Regular Full-Time - Sunnybrook Research Institute(201126) | Toronto,ON
- Job posting | Registered Practical Nurse - General Medicine - Part-Time(191329) | Toronto,ON
- Job posting | Registered Practical Nurse - C6 Community Programme - Full-time(200457) | Toronto,ON