This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Apply for positionRegistered Practical Nurse - K1E Palliative Care Unit - Casual (SB2020) Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 3/9/2020 3:57:05 PM
We currently have a Casual opportunity for a Registered Practical Nurse on the K1E - Palliative Care unit, located at the Bayview Campus.
Summary of Duties
RPNs are responsible for the total care of a group of palliative care patients within a Primary Nursing care delivery model within their scope of practice. The RPN supports the philosophy of Person Centred Care concept and principles and the Mission and Values of Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre. The RPN works closely with other members of the interprofessional team.
- Current registration with the Ontario College of Nurses
- Current B.C.L.S. certification
- Diploma RPN or equivalent
- Fundamentals in palliative care and Comprehensive advance palliative care education or LEAP or Desouza Hospice palliative care courses preferred
- Palliative Care pain and symptom management experience required
- Hospice Palliative Care experience required
- Excellent assessment skills required
- Knowledge of the Canadian Hospice Palliative care standards preferred
- Experience with managing complex responsive behaviours preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to Person and family-Centred Care approach and principles
- Excellent interpersonal communication and problem solving skills
- Basic computer and key boarding skills
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter (in one document) quoting SB2020 to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' near the top right corner of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Postdoctoral Fellow - Metabolism - Sunnybrook Research Institute(SB04202020) | Toronto,ON
- Job posting | Registered Nurse - K1E Palliative Care Unit - Casual(SB3092020) | Toronto,ON
- Job posting | Medical Laboratory Technologist- Hematological Pathology-Flow Cytometry- Casual(200169 ) | Toronto,ON