This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Apply for positionRegistered Nurse - Temporary Full-time (203034) Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 11/5/2020 12:25:00 PM
We currently have a Temporary Full-time opportunity for a Registered Nurse in the C5 Department at our Bayview Campus.
Summary of Duties
The Physician Assistant (PA) is a hospital employee who bridges the gap between physicians and the hospital and as such has dual responsibilities and reporting. The PA operates under the license of the Primary Supervising Physician, Medical Directives and in verbal discussion with the supervision, and operationally reports to the Patient Care Manager. Working collaboratively with other members of the interprofessional care team, the PA:
- Collaborates with Patient Care Coordinator and interprofessional team in regards to disposition planning
- Participate in trauma/interprofessional rounds
- Liaise with consulting services & interprofessional team
- Performs minor procedures
- Support daily communication with patients and families with respect to care plans
- Assists in tertiary surveys
- Provides direct patient care
- Assists in referral to community services
- Assists in timely transfer of patients between units
- Conducts health promotion and disease prevention activities (e.g. alcohol screening and brief intervention, mental health screening, screening for abuse)
- Performs patient education
- Assists in patient oriented discharge summaries
- Assists in repatriation
- Supports quality improvement initiatives
- Current certification by a Canadian or American accredited Physician Assistant Professional Degree Program.
- Successful completion of National Certification Exam administered and accredited by Physician Assistant Council of Canada
- Current ACLS
- Previous experience and training in a health discipline preferred
- Experience in trauma preferred
- Collaborative approach to teaching/learning, conflict management
- Demonstrated teaching, team-building and leadership skills
- Complex decision-making skills, excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 203034 to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Senior Financial Analyst - Regular Full-Time - Sunnybrook Research Institute(201126) | Toronto,ON
- Job posting | Registered Practical Nurse - General Medicine - Part-Time(191329) | Toronto,ON
- Job posting | Registered Practical Nurse - C6 Community Programme - Full-time(200457) | Toronto,ON