We currently have a Regular Full Time opportunity for a Registered Nurse in the Intensive Care Unit/Critical Care Unit- Multi-Hospital Critical Care Resource Team at our Bayview Campus.
Hours of Work:
Weekdays: Days, Evenings, Nights; 12 hrs; as per schedule
Weekends: Days, Evenings, Nights; 12 hrs; as per schedule
Statutory Holidays Required
Summary of Duties:
Michael Garron Hospital, North York General Hospital, Scarborough Health Network and Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre are partnering to improve critical care nursing capacity within our region, by creating a pool of Intensive Care/Critical Care Nurses. These unique positions are for Registered Nurses looking to grow in their career and expand their knowledge in a highly supportive environment.
Currently we have exciting opportunities for individuals who want to take the next step in their career as a Registered Nurse - Intensive Care Unit/Critical Care Unit. As a member of this unique partnership, each successful candidate will be hired into a hospital site, and have the ability to work at all four hospitals based on business needs and patient volumes. This is an amazing opportunity to practice nursing in leading GTA hospitals, share best practices and learn from top medical professionals. * if you are a Registered Nurse that has not been employed by a Hospital or Long Term Care Home in Ontario in the last two months you are eligible for a $25,000 grant.
- Your goal in this position is to provide excellent patient and family centered care in a supportive and culturally sensitive manner
- You will do this by collaborating with an interdisciplinary team of care providers, with an emphasis on the assessment, education, prevention, maintenance, and restoration of the patient health in a patient focused environment.
- You have great interpersonal skills and effortlessly connect with patients and families, physicians, staff, and volunteers.
- You will demonstrate professional accountability for your practice and are able to identify and pursue opportunities to meet your learning needs.
- This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for staff, physicians, volunteers, learners, patients and families.
- Current registration, in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- 1-2 years experience in an acute medical or surgical care unit preferred
- Current BCLS
- Current ACLS preferred
- Completion of Critical Care Certificate required (or completion within 6 months from hire required)
- Experience in a critical care setting an asset
- Ability to speak another language is an asset
- Demonstrated effective ability in: interpersonal relationships; oral and written communication skills; organization skills; priority setting skills; problem solving; decision making; facilitating team work; conflict resolution
- Demonstrated ability to implement plan of care including independent and interdependent nursing functions.
- Demonstrated ability to handle stressful environments in a positive manner;
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to function independently and be part of an interprofessional team member in fast paced demanding environment
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues and volunteers and other members of the community and public healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety and Code of Conduct policies and legislation.
- Demonstrates excellent work performance and attendance record
- Demonstrated ability to participate in unit quality initiatives and measurement
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 225000 to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)