This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Apply for positionRegistered Nurse - Amputee, Cardiovascular, Transplant Rehab Programs (A1) - Regular Part-time (211426) Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 6/11/2021 2:27:39 PM
We currently have a Regular Part-time (0.4FTE) opportunity for a Registered Nurse on the Amputee, Cardiovascular, Transplant Rehab Programs (A1), located at the St. John's Rehab Campus.
Summary of Duties
The Registered Nurse (RN) establishes caring, therapeutic relationships with patients & their families to attain or maintain optimal functioning by promoting health and/or treating health conditions through supportive, preventative, therapeutic, palliative and rehabilitative means. The RN provides excellent patient and family centred nursing care to those with a wide range of health issues, often with complex patient situations requiring multiple nursing interventions in a culturally sensitive manner. Provides leadership in emergency and/or rapidly changing patient situations. The RN is an autonomous professional who works independently and interdependently as part of the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Diploma in Nursing Required, Bachelors of Science in Nursing (B Sc N.) or equivalent preferred.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario in good standing with no restrictions to practice
- Current B.C.L.S. is required
- RNAO membership (preferred)
- Previous experience in Amputee, Cardiovascular, and Transplant (A1) Rehab Programs preferred. Specialty certification an asset.
- Ability to perform duties in professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to organize patient care demands and to set priorities.
- Ability to use critical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills to solve patient care issues.
- Technical competence as appropriate for specialty area.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with RN, RPN, physicians and other members of the health care team.
- Demonstrated professional judgement and interpersonal skills in dealing with patients, their families, other health care team members and the community.
- Effective verbal / written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Committed to on-going professional development
- Demonstrated commitment to Person Centered Care approach and principles.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter (in one document) quoting 211426 to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' near the top right corner of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre's offers that may interest you