This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Apply for positionRegistered Nurse - 7 East Nursing Unit - Temporary Full-Time (210803) Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 3/1/2021 12:02:13 PM
We currently have a Temporary Full-Time (until approx. May 2022) opportunity for a Registered Nurse in the 7 East Nursing Unit department at our Holland campus.
Hours of Work:
Weekdays: Days, Nights; 12hrs with occasional 8hrs; As per schedule
Alternating Weekends: Days, Nights; 12hrs with occasional 8hrs; As per schedule
Statutory Holidays Required.
Summary of Duties
- To provide patient care within the scope of practice of your profession which support the philosophy of the Nursing Department and meets hospital and College of Nurses standards
- Collaborates effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Active participation in process improvement and educational activities
- N. Nursing Diploma, B.Sc.N. preferred
- 2-3 years recent medical-surgical experience, recent Orthopaedics and acute complex medical care preferred
- Current BCLS required
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated knowledge in person-centred care approach and principles
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated commitment to organizational initiatives, Best Practices, participation in nursing council, unit committees, and quality improvement projects
- Demonstrated effective ability in: interpersonal relationships; oral and written communication skills; organization skills; priority setting skills; problem-solving; decision-making; facilitating team work; conflict resolution
- Excellent patient assessment skills; strong ability to integrate and apply critical thinking skills to patient care
- Proven ability to function independently and in collaboration with the inter-professional team
- Demonstrated excellence in: pain management, individualized care plan development, patient/family education and discharge planning
- Commitment to professional development; workshops, in-services, continuing education
- Specialty Orthopedic/CAN certification and Gentle Persuasive Approaches certificate an asset
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 210803 to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre's offers that may interest you