This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Apply for positionReceptionist Clerk/Clinic Secretary - Out Patient Department - Casual (203280) Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 12/3/2020 3:18:46 PM
We currently have a Casual opportunity for a Receptionist Clerk/Clinic Secretary in the Out Patient Department at our Holland campus.
Hours of Work:
Weekdays: Days; Various shifts ranging from 06:15-14:15, 07:30-15:30, 08:00-16:00, 08:30-16:30, 13:00-17:00; flexibility required
Summary of Duties
OPD / CIAC / POP
- Intakes referrals/requests for admissions and follows up with referring physicians on incomplete information.
- Maintains referral-tracking system by entering required data for each referral.
- Schedules appointments; notifies patients of cancelled appointments/clinics and provides alternative appointments.
- Schedules external tests and special procedures and follows up on results as needed.
- Prepares new and review patient charts and prepares charts for return to Health Records.
- Receives and registers patients and processes within clinic.
- Provides support to clinical team to ensure the smooth flow of clinics.
OR Scheduling / Bed Management / Admitting
- Enters blocks into Master OR schedule and maintains updates / changes on an ongoing basis.
- Assists with redistribution of OR time.
- Monitors patients pre-booked for SCU and usage of SCU beds.
- Responsible for daily bed assignments and weekly forecasting.
- Manages surgical cancellations in PICIS and coordinates admission of rescheduled surgeries.
- Facilitates urgent admissions.
- Compiles and issues OR lists and updates for accuracy.
- Schedules patients for surgery according to policies and procedures.
- Allocates beds for incoming patients.
- Creates Pre-admission, Same Day Surgery and Recurring accounts as well as processes all inpatient admissions in the Patient Care System.
- Contacts patients to confirm scheduled time and date of surgery.
- Processes and compiles charts for patient admissions.
- Processes midnight census.
- Responds to telephone calls/inquiries and voice mail messages.
- Performs departmental filing duties
- Provides back support to other Clerical Staff
- Grade 12 education; Medical Administration Certificate; post-secondary computer / typing courses. Microsoft Word and Outlook skills are required.
- More than one year experience in a busy receptionist area, preferably in a hospital / health care environment.
- Knowledge of Patient Registration and Scheduling Systems.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential patient information.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to work well with a diverse group of individuals.
- Minimum 40 words per minute typing speed with maximum 5% error rate.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and set priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management, organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail required.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 203280 to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Apply for position
« Back to Clerical
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre's offers that may interest you