This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Apply for positionPayroll Analyst - Payroll Services - Regular Full-time (210734) Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 2/26/2021 1:39:38 PM
We currently have a Regular Full -Time opportunity for a Payroll Analyst in the Payroll Services Department at our St. John's Rehab Campus.
Hours of Work:
Weekdays: Days, 8 hrs shifts, As per schedule
Payroll Services at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is a team of 10 providing full service payroll to over 9,000 Hospital staff. Reporting to the Manager, the Payroll Analyst is an experienced payroll professional who will identify and implement process improvements and serve as a technical and analytical expert within the team. The successful candidate will play an integral role in supporting upgrade/implementation projects including an upcoming Time and Attendance system implementation.
Summary of Duties:
- Review existing policies and procedures to identify, design and implement improvements which support:
- data integrity
- seamless processing
- increased automation and efficiency
- improved customer service
- Document new workflows and support Payroll team members through implementation changes
- Analyze payroll data and produce high quality, informative reports for various internal stakeholders
- Support significant implementation/upgrade projects through documentation of current state, informing solution design and assisting with testing, data validation and change management
- Work collaboratively with Payroll and HR stakeholders to conduct data cleansing
- Investigate and creatively identify solutions for employee pay and electronic timesheet related issues
- Inform and enforce best practices to ensure data integrity and system security
- Lead payroll audits
- Participate in information sharing sessions with other hospitals and leverage from their experiences
- Provide backup to senior payroll staff
Qualification & Skills:
- Completion of a post-secondary degree program (Business Administration, Accounting or Finance is preferred)
- Minimum 5 years’ progressive experience administering full cycle Canadian payroll within a large organization (Healthcare and/or experience in a unionized environment preferred)
- Member of Canadian Payroll Association with Payroll Compliance Certification
- Proficient knowledge of top tier payroll, time and attendance and HCM software systems
- Experience leading, or having a significant role in major implementation/upgrade projects
- Demonstrated experience with identifying, designing and implementing process improvements
- Exceptional data analytical skills
- Collaborative team player with superior influencing skills, who can build relationships easily to move initiatives forward
- Strong oral and written communication skills including ability to communicate technical requirements to non-technical users in a simple manner
- Superior attention to detail
- Able to work in a fast paced, team environment, multi-tasking between many priorities
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and adaptable
- Full knowledge of all relevant Canadian legislation governing payroll calculations and reporting
- Solid grasp of federal and provincial labour standards and regulations
- Knowledge of the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP) or similar defined benefit pension plans preferred
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Excel) and Access
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 210734 to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Apply for position
« Back to Non Union
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre's offers that may interest you